My Old TomTom Go 720 Units

OK, had to go into command prompt, run as admin and got file moved to desktop (mapsettings.cfg) from North_America_2gb dir. Now what?

Before you do anything else, copy the whole content of your device to a new folder on your PC. Direct copy, NOT Home.
The follow canderson's advice.

Before you do anything else, copy the whole content of your device to a new folder on your PC. Direct copy, NOT Home.
The follow canderson's advice.
Do you mean that I should make a back-up of the drive on a separate drive? What I did was to copy the entire contents of the TomTom (F drive) to a new folder on my desktop called TomTom (F:) Back-up.

This is what is there now: (see pics of F:\\ drive (TomTom)

Attachments

• Screenshot (111).png
    Screenshot (111).png
    197.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot (112).png
    Screenshot (112).png
    197.7 KB · Views: 75
Do you mean that I should make a back-up of the drive on a separate drive? What I did was to copy the entire contents of the TomTom (F drive) to a new folder on my desktop called TomTom (F:) Back-up.
Yup, great.
Now it is canderson's baby again.
;->)

Once you have removed the mapsettings.cfg file from your unit, disconnect it properly (logical, then physical) turn it off, and turn it on again. Assuming the battery is up to the job, let's see if you don't get back to a map and menus again.

No matter what I try, it Will Not Let me remove or delete this file. Keeps telling me it's write protected. I have tried removing the protection using diskpart, selecting the appropriate disk and it says it has been removed, but when I try to delete the file it keeps saying it is write protected. I am running command prompt as admin.

That's certainly a new one! I wonder if your OS thinks the whole device is write protected, or just that file, or ???
What happens if you check the Properties of the file itself? Does it show "Allow" for everything (except for "Special permissions", of course)?

Ask a Question