My Observation of the Rider Pro

TomTom Model(s)
GO930, GO1000, Rider Pro
For prospective owners, some observations and my experience of ownership of a new Rider Pro with Scala Rider head set.
I find the screen too small.
It really benifits from adding a sun shield (look on Ebay) as the screen is next to useless when any sunlight hits it.
It really would benifit from a software upgrade to allow larger font for the actual GPS monitoted speed vs raod speed.
I've found lots of incorrect speed limits and more than a few incorrect road details, turn offs on the latest map for Australia. (i.e The Hume Highway, one of our largest main highways between Sydney and Melbourne) is only registed as a 100kph road when we all know its 110kph.) Effectivly the overspeed alarm always goes off early.
A glaring issue, it ships without a mains Power cable here in Oz, and as we have such long distances between anything, its a $50 add on plus postage. A major rip off by TT for bike riders.
The headset works well but I wear ear plugs for helmet wind noise so it could benifit from being amped up a bit more. No ability to link to any music or radio via blue tooth, just the phone.
It is a useful if somewhat flawed product, however, others will appreiciate the smaller screen for their application.
At least it seems to have full TT support via the older TT Home interface on the PC vs the non functional My TT format at present.
Hope this is of interest to other potential owners.
I would have gone with the Garmin if I had know of these issues.

Best wishes.

Ken

Last edited:
Thanks for that report.
It would seem that TT really blew it with the Urban Rider series and it would not surprise me to see them either drop it completely or perhaps start from square one.

Not including the ability to charge on the run is a major boner in my opinion, and they really just rehashed the old Rider2, and infact degraded it.

I have a Rider2 and it has been very reliable for several years now.

Cheers!

Ask a Question