My newest map is what release again??

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live1535
So after 14 days of being a tomtom 'tommie.'. I'm Still confused on the whole "new map / old map / updated map.. /North America_2GB/ 855 or 835???" .. thing..

When I first fired up the tom tom 630 (right out of the box )..
I found the maps 2 years out of date .. Until I managed to secure and download and save the (what I thought was the) "most up to date map".. Now my bridges and tunnels are mostly accurate but my gps device reflects only a '835' map when I check the ''satellite bars'' and read the ''info..''

Now I see on the web site that if I want the most up to date maps ( 4 times a year) I may pay upwards to $50 for this..

Or Does Tom Tom give out any freebies during the year..
i.e. ( once?) .. I hear the 855 is coming this Novemeber 2010, ,will it be free or can you get it early by subscribing., or should I wait for the final free release??
I don't mind paying the $50 as I really appreciate the technology and the work that goes into this communicational device ..
But on the other hand I don't want to waste the money either as I don't travel much and mainly use the device for around town here in the Pacific NorthWest..
Ideas??

So after 14 days of being a tomtom 'tommie.'. I'm Still confused on the whole "new map / old map / updated map.. /North America_2GB/ 855 or 835???" .. thing..

When I first fired up the tom tom 630 (right out of the box )..
I found the maps 2 years out of date .. Until I managed to secure and download and save the (what I thought was the) "most up to date map".. Now my bridges and tunnels are mostly accurate but my gps device reflects only a '835' map when I check the ''satellite bars'' and read the ''info..''

Now I see on the web site that if I want the most up to date maps ( 4 times a year) I may pay upwards to $50 for this..

Or Does Tom Tom give out any freebies during the year..
i.e. ( once?) .. I hear the 855 is coming this Novemeber 2010, ,will it be free or can you get it early by subscribing., or should I wait for the final free release??
835 is only a year and a skosh out of date. They release one per quarter. So between yours and the current map, there have been only 840, 845 and 850.

855 is current and is already available. If you used the Latest Map Guarantee, you should indeed have 855 on your PC, and by rights, on your TomTom as well. If you are sure that it says 835 when you head down the menus of the satellite bars, then 835 is what's on your unit.

If you open up Home, look in the area called "Manage My Device". Click on the tab that says "Items on my computer". You should see an entry for "Maps". Click on the + sign to the left of it. Click on "More info..." for any maps you see there. What version(s) do you see?

Don't mess around doing this. If you didn't actually succeed in downloading 855, you've only got 30 days from the time you fired up your unit to be sure that you DO get it.

Ask a Question