My MINI in Manhattan

Okay, I confess. I had a little fun with my first photo. This is the real photo taken in my garage. I just added the "Times Square" background for interest.

I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said it best...
?Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.?

Attachments

• My MINI before.jpg
    My MINI before.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 536
The Big Apple

Here's a photo of my MINI in the big city. I like to have my Tomtom in the lower middle section of my windshield. My passengers get a kick out of watching it!

You went from TX to NY by car? How did the TomTom work there with the tall buildings? No problems with your satelite reception?

George

hehe George he was playin with his first pic... photoshopped hehehe

great job on the photoshopping though hehehe fooled some peeps hehe

You went from TX to NY by car? How did the TomTom work there with the tall buildings? No problems with your satelite reception?

George

George,

I haven't taken my MINI to Manhattan yet. I'm usually in the city about once every two weeks though. I actually took both of these photos and just merged them together. I've driven in a lot of downtown areas with my TomTom and never had a reception problem. That being said, sometimes when I'm at my local Sonic Drive-in I will lose a few of the satellites and the map will start to turn. I'm not sure why it does this.

Jeff

The Big Apple

Yes I know you didn?t go to NY with your Mini I thought you might have gone there with your TomTom as I was curious if you had the same problems in the city as I did do to the tall buildings? Satelites have problems getting by to the TT. It could get better with the external antena I was curious if some one in the big cities can give info.

Giorgio,

I haven't had a problem with the tall buildings in Houston, but I could see where there may be a problem in the steel canyons of Manhattan. I'll have to take my TomTom the next time I go to the city. I'll walk around with it, but you won't catch me trying to drive in all that crazyness. We take a limo from Newark to Manhattan. That's the only limo I take where I actually buckle my seatbelt! I will say though that for as long as I've been doing it, I've only been in one limo wreck. A taxicab plowed into us on 57th. a few years ago. The limo company actually has a GPS. It's somehow plugged into their company. I see our driver get and type in messages every once in a while. I'll ask him about his reception the next time I'm there.

Jeff

MINI's and TomTom, just sounds right...:)

(2005 Hot Orange Cabrio here)

Being in Manhattan

Hello boys and gals..

I commute to and drive around Manhattan every day, and as some of you have mentioned earlier, the sat. signal is dead sometimes when you get between multiple skyscrapers.
But here's something funny though. When the receiver loses signal, instead of staying at one point, it starts to move by itself, and sometimes it will tell you to go the opposite direction in one way streets, and i even had my tomtom telling me to swim across Central Park.

Howdy Bryan,

I have the same problem every once in a while with my 910. I wish that the screen would freeze until the signal returns instead of the map moving all over the place.
I don't envy you having to drive in the city. Most of the time I have to close my eyes while our driver navigates through all of the cars and people! It's pretty scary driving up there even for a Houston driver.:D

Ask a Question