My iPad with TomTom

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
Sorry for the crappy pictures. I took them with my phone.

c2960bf9.jpg

756765c6.jpg

Hey Pedro2nr, do u need monthly membershiop with the phone company to have GPS service? Or is the GPS service separate and dont need the phone service at all in order for the GPS to work?

Hi ydchopstick,

There is no need for a subscription. The GPS is free. I have the iPad 3G model that comes with the GPS chip and I use the TomTom App. You will have to buy the TomTom App. I can take the SIM card out and use the GPS with TomTom on the iPad without any network service required.

However, if you have a iPad WiFi model, you can jailbreak it and install a 3rd party app that will allow you to connect to a GPS device Via bluetooth.

one more question if u know the answer or why it happen is:
i have a tomtom 335s XL. i run window 2000 with the tomtom home. i cannot ever remove my tomtom legally once i plug it into the computer. it "the device is currently busy. please try again later." i look at the hard drive light and it not flashing. what the living hell is going on. i check tomtom Home screen and nothing is happening(as in no download in progress etc etc). and also i cannot ever format the tomtom xl 335s. i delete all the files and hidden files using Explorer and still cannot format. this is 2010 and crap still happening.

mike, yeah i think window 2000 is crap too. i dont know anymore about this crap but i definitely not changing anything on my tomtom once the return is coming home. life realllie sukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. computer are idiots i tell u:confused:

Very cool, Pedro! :thumb:

Guess it would be stretching California's laws regarding gps units on the windshield trying to mount that in the allowable 5" square! :p

Very neat indeed, I can't see a power cable though so how long do you get off the battery and is the sound via the car speaker system or just from the iPad - Mike

iPad is 10 hours :)
if I need to charge it, I have a charger as well that reaches.

The sound is played through my car's speakers using Bluetooth A2DP from iO Play.

You can see a small clip of audio here:

I wasn't aware you had added the iO kit to the car as they are difficult to source in the USA from what I have been led to believe - Quality bit of kit, I am still very happy with mine which gets used daily - Mike

Mike, I remembered when you mentioned you bought yours, so I found mine on Amazon. I was surprised it was there and received it quickly.

I use mine everyday as well and connects to my phone great. It is useful here in the US since we have to be hands free now.

Ask a Question