My GO700

Internetpilot

TomTom Model(s)
GO700 (Updated)
Here's my GO700 in my 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited (no Toyota nav -- YES!):

showoff1.jpg

showoff2.jpg

showoff3.jpg

These pictures were taken just fractions of a second before that oncoming Caddy SUV ran into me head-on (haha).

I ran the power cord down into the dash corner seam and down to a 12v socket plug that I installed under the dash using a fuse jumper. If I need to put the GO700 in another vehicle, it's still very easy to unplug the power cable and pull it out of the dash seam. It's also relatively easy to put it all back. This is my daily driver car, so the switcharoo doesn't happen very often with my wife's Volvo XC90 (yes, I have a Volvo splash screen, too ;)).

What I REALLY want is a woodgrain frame for my GO700, but I can only find like blue, pink, and gold. Can't even find black!

Last edited:
Nice work hiding the cable. It looks very clean :)

Thanks! Since taking that picture a couple of weeks ago, I've lowered the mount on the windshield and it's also closer to the A pillar so the cord is now almost completely hidden.

I'm actually right-handed, but haven't found using the left hand with the TomTom too difficult. My wife is actually quite annoyed with the TomTom (she doesn't like gps nav systems at all), so it's probably better to have it as far away from her as possible.... ;)

Aren't you afraid of having it stolen if you leave it in the car?

I don't leave the GO700 mounted in the car. If I'm out shopping or something, it's well hidden/locked away and not in the mount. I do usually leave the mount there, but if I were at a shopping mall or some other risky parking area, I would probably remove the mount to reduce temptation.

Any other time, the GO700 is tucked in my slightly (and purposely) oversized camera bag, where I keep my camera, Palm PDA, and TomTom. It's also known as "the purse" buy my wife. I've always found the need to carry a camera with me at all times, and I got used to carrying my Palm PDA with me all the time because I also used it for a GPS. I also usually have my mobile phone thrown in there, too.

Hey, can you tell I don't like convergence devices? ;)

I never keep my unit in the car. I put everything in my back pack. I have my 910, the mount, Ipod connector, FM transmitter, Ipod and my PDA in my back pack. :D

Yeah, I've been thinking about getting one of those camera backpacks to use instead of my "purse", but the "purse" will have to do for now. ;)

Oh, forgot to mention that I also keep my Creative Zen Portable Media Center in my "purse", too, especially now that the Makayama video player won't work on the GO700.

And I thought I was the only person who was "over-gadgeted" -- you're right there with me Pedro!

Very nice looking set up in a nice car. I'm impressed!

Thanks, JohnAH -- sorry I didn't respond to the compliment until now. I didn't see it!

You know, it's a minivan, so how great can it be? But considering it's a minivan, it's definitely close to being the Lexus of Minivans, so I'm happy. It's a good vehicle for this stage of my life (four non-driving kids).

Here's my GO700 in my 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited (no Toyota nav -- YES!):

showoff1.jpg

showoff2.jpg

showoff3.jpg

These pictures were taken just fractions of a second before that oncoming Caddy SUV ran into me head-on (haha).

I ran the power cord down into the dash corner seam and down to a 12v socket plug that I installed under the dash using a fuse jumper. If I need to put the GO700 in another vehicle, it's still very easy to unplug the power cable and pull it out of the dash seam. It's also relatively easy to put it all back. This is my daily driver car, so the switcharoo doesn't happen very often with my wife's Volvo XC90 (yes, I have a Volvo splash screen, too ;)).

What I REALLY want is a woodgrain frame for my GO700, but I can only find like blue, pink, and gold. Can't even find black!

thats a nice looking toyota splash!!!
i ve an 07 burgandy carolla,and id sure appreciate a copy of that.
if you should happen to have other toyota splashes,
id like to have em............my tomtom is a go 910
many thanks
w

thats a nice looking toyota splash!!!
i ve an 07 burgandy carolla,and id sure appreciate a copy of that.
if you should happen to have other toyota splashes,
id like to have em............my tomtom is a go 910
many thanks
w

Okeedokee. I'll have to resize it for the GO910 screen (the GO700 screen isn't as wide), but with the background being white, that should be very easy to do. I'll let you know when its done and likely post it here for you and others.

It really wasn't that hard to do. I swiped the Toyota logo from some dealer website, gave it a transparent background, added a shadow effect via PaintShop Pro, and then did the same thing to the little TomTom hands. I did a Volvo one the same way, but I've never cared much for the Volvo symbol since it looks like a male/female sign. Thankfully, my wife traded in the Volvo on a Honda!

Ask a Question