My 730 has only 2GB as opposed to 4GB!

Hi guys,

I bought a brand new TomTom Go 730, and contrary to the many reviews that state that it has 4GB of storage, mince has only 2GB!

I tried searching the forum but "730" brings no results...I am guessing because the search string is too short.

Thanks.

Apparently, when the 730's were first announced, TT did intend them to have 4 gigs but later reverted to 2 gigs.

But, I'm sure you know that you can use external sdhc cards IN CONJUNCTION with the internal flash storage so you can get a decent 4-gig sdhc card and, in effect, have 6 gigs to work with.

(The 8.3 firmware, flakey as it is, allows for the use of sdhc cards of greater than 4 gigs with no problems).

[DON'T go to 8.3 just for that reason, though].

Apparently, when the 730's were first announced, TT did intend them to have 4 gigs but later reverted to 2 gigs.

But, I'm sure you know that you can use external sdhc cards IN CONJUNCTION with the internal flash storage so you can get a decent 4-gig sdhc card and, in effect, have 6 gigs to work with.

(The 8.3 firmware, flakey as it is, allows for the use of sdhc cards of greater than 4 gigs with no problems).

[DON'T go to 8.3 just for that reason, though].

Thanks for the reply. For some reason I thought that inserting a sdhc override the local memory as opposed to working in conjonction with it. (it used to be like this on an old tomtom one)

Thanks for the head'sup

Ask a Question