Must you load your Itinerary before you pass your starting point

TomTom Model(s)
Go-920 App 9.465 Map N A 895.4438 C&W Europe 8.30 Magellan Explorist 710
I did an Itinerary using Google Maps
from London,ON to Sudbury On. and saved it to my 920.

However when I went to load the Itinerary to start my trip I was already on the hwy for about 5 minutes as I knew that part of the Hwy.

The TT kept wanting to take me back to the starting point I had put in my Itinerary.

I am wondering if you must at least start your saved Itinerary before you head out on your trip so that it can have a designated starting point ?

After that it should start up and recalculate from where ever you are to finish point I think.:confused:

Any feed back on this would be appreciated

In navigating an itinerary, TomTom will route you to each destination/waypoint of your itinerary, in turn. If you're itinerary contains a starting point, and you're not actually starting there, and don't want to actually go there, you can mark that destination as "visited". Then when you start navigating, TomTom will direct you to the next destination/waypoint in your itinerary.

I had this problem also, so now I move my starting point a few blocks along the route from my actual starting location.

I think the real issue here is that many people seem to think that something called Itinerary Planning should be usable for planning. Go figure. A starting point is not an element of TT's Itinerary planning feature - which is really just an ordered list of destinations and/or waypoints. When you start navigating an itinerary, you start from wherever you happen to be, not at the first "destination" on the itinerary.

I think the real issue here is that many people seem to think that something called Itinerary Planning should be usable for planning. Go figure. A starting point is not an element of TT's Itinerary planning feature - which is really just an ordered list of destinations and/or waypoints. When you start navigating an itinerary, you start from wherever you happen to be, not at the first "destination" on the itinerary.

I agree with you if you are starting a new Itinerary from where you are sitting but if you load a saved Itinerary and say that you are all ready 5-10 miles along the saved Itinerary route your TT will try and take you back to the starting point in the saved Itinerary. So as mentioned by others I would think if you load a saved Intinerary and if you are all ready along the route some place just mark any waypoints that you have already past as visited and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Ask a Question