Multiple Devices- Account Management

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720, Go 730, Go 740 Live, Go 1535 Live
I have a Go 730 and just purchased a Go 720 for my wife (though I will be magically turning it into a 730).
Would you suggest I manage hers using the same log in and e-mail I'm using for mine now or set up a separate log in and email for hers? What are the advantages or disadvantages of either method or does it matter? I havn't hooked hers up to a computer or HOME yet so I can go either way.

Separate email account for each unit. Otherwise, it'll get messy with proper mapshare and other updates. Email address doesn't even have to be a real one.

Thanks. Use same computer but log in differently for each device. When 720 is loaded with latest OS does it have lane guidance? I know I'll have to load speech to text files.

For the States? Yes, ALG will be active. You should also have the required cspeech.dat files within the North America map on the 720 (all maps from 710 and up should come with them).

You may have to add the support_asr.dat text file with just a 1 in it to the asr folder.

Lane guidance also requires map 800 or later. The lane guidance locations are stored in the map, Tomtom didn't really add too many locations until map 825. Map 835 has lots of lane guidance locations.

Ask a Question