Multilple POI Lists

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-s
I assume that there are POI's in the USA-CANADA data included with the TT when new. In addition, I have added several new POI files (from POIFactory).

When planning a route, or traveling a route, does the TT use the included POI's or the added items - or both????

Am I creating duplicates and if so, how can I eliminate them????

Thanks for your input - in advance

LarryF

I assume that there are POI's in the USA-CANADA data included with the TT when new. In addition, I have added several new POI files (from POIFactory).

When planning a route, or traveling a route, does the TT use the included POI's or the added items - or both????

Am I creating duplicates and if so, how can I eliminate them????

Thanks for your input - in advance

LarryF

The TomTom should use both. If you create a POI that already exists on the TomTom, you will be duplicating and you'll most likely see two icons in the exact place (given that the lattitude and longitude of the built-in POI and your custom POI are identical).

Only way to prevent this is to have only one of the POIs exist. You can either remove the duplicate POI from your list (using TomTom's MANAGE POIs option or using a PC-based tool like POIFactory, POIEdit, or TYRE)

or

Delete one of the built-in POIs by using MAP CORRECTIONS --> CORRECT A MAP ERROR --> EDIT POI

If you use Map Corrections to delete a POI, remember NOT to share it with the online community!

Now, the caveat here is that you KNOW which POIs are the duplicates.

Just out of curiousity, why not share deleting a POI - if it's gone, it's gone. Unless you mean that they're deleting the built in one in preference to his own created one?

Just out of curiousity, why not share deleting a POI - if it's gone, it's gone. Unless you mean that they're deleting the built in one in preference to his own created one?

His point above was he is creating a custom POI, thus duplicating with a POI that is built-in. The POI exists, he just doesn't want two icons showing up for the same POI.

In that case, I would assume (and maybe incorrectly) he would delete the POI from his custom creation - which wouldn't get shared via MapShare...?

That's definitely the way I would do it, too, but I gave him the two possible options that are available.

Ask a Question