Multi-plug car adapter - not enough power for ONE?

I have a new TT One V4, and tried using a three plug cigarette car adapter from radio shack (I cannot post a website link yet but a similar adapter can be found on the RadioShack website, item # 270-1554).
The idea is so I can use my TT One, a radar detector and charge my cellphone.

* When the TT is plugged into the Radio Shack adapter, the battery icon on the TT One flashes (ie low battery and is not plugged into a DC source).

* When I plug the TT One cord directly into the car's cigarette lighter, the unit is getting enough power, and works fine.

*Note that this happens when I try putting Radio Shack adapter into another cigarette lighter in my car, and without anything else plugged into the Radio Shack adapter

Question - anyone know of a multi-plug power adapter that has enough power for a Tom Tom one?

digital-flex - thanks for the reply, but the general availability of multi-plugs is not an issue for me, but rather I am interested in multi-plugs that provide enough power for the TT One. It looks like the Radio Shack one I have is not providing enough power to my TT One

if someone is using a multi-adapter that works for their TT One, can you advise which brand & model it is and what the power output on the adapter is?

Thanks

I got one at Wal-mart and it has a 8 or 10 amp fuse I believe in it and I have no problems. I have my TT 510 & Sirius hooked up to it

Last edited:

Ask a Question