MP3's on SD Card

TomTom Model(s)
I just received my 720 yesterday so I'm still feeling my way around. I'll have a trip to Dallas next week to really see how well it works compared to the Garmins I used. So in the mean time I'm trying to try the other features. So now my questions is how do I access my MP3's that I've loaded on to a SD card? I can not seem to find how to access the SD card. PLease Help.

Thanks
Beanie

I just received my 720 yesterday so I'm still feeling my way around. I'll have a trip to Dallas next week to really see how well it works compared to the Garmins I used. So in the mean time I'm trying to try the other features. So now my questions is how do I access my MP3's that I've loaded on to a SD card? I can not seem to find how to access the SD card. PLease Help.

Thanks
Beanie

You need to load TomTom HOME and that will allow you to index them. I had TomTom Home on the Mac find the songs in iTunes and transfer them over. There is also apparently an iPod adapter cable which lets you connect the iPod and the TomTom

Last edited:
how to load mp3s on an SD card

Hi Beanie- Given the stability of the tomtom site, I can sympathize not to mention how they organize the information is less than helpful...(perfect example, search on MP3, you won't find the article you need. search on SD, you will.

Anyway, you need to create a directory on your SD card called MP3. It won't play WMA's so, if you have a boatload of music in other formats, grab Media Monkey or other fave software to help you bulk convert and copy to the SD card in one shot.

Here's quotes from the tomtom support page:

Question
Can I store extra files (photo's, mp3's, audiobooks) on a separate SD card for my TomTom GO 720?
Answer
Yes. To store MP3's, audiobooks or photos, create a folder (directory) on the SD card and name it mp3, audiobooks or photos.

Simply copy the appropriate files into the correct folder, insert the SD card into your device and turn TomTom on. Your 720 will automatically search for these files when starting up.

Note: When adding large amount of data to a SD card, the 720 will take a longer time to start up. Please be patient during this time and do not shut off or reset the device.

(info as of 12/12/07)

Ask a Question