Mp3 from 1 gb SD card

Hi All
Newbie question from South OZ.
I have just purchased a 720 go for a 3000km country road trip.
I have downloaded mp3 music to a 1gb sd card I have from my camera.
I have inserted it in the port, but I cannot access the music. the mp3 Dukebox just comes up with the 3 default tracks.

What is the procedure to get the unit to read the sd card for play back of mp3's via the 720 transmitting FM to my car stereo?
I have set the FM fequency as described in the walk through.

Your help with this keenly anticipated

Lew

Create a folder called mp3 on your sdcard and then dump the songs in there. Now when you fire up your jukebox, it will see all the contents of the folder mp3. Same is true for audiobooks, text, and photos. JUst create the folders and put the content in the respective folder and you are good to go.

If you have the transmitter set up properly by tuning to a frequency that is not being used, it will play everything through the radio speakers other than the hands free calls.

HTH:D

Create a folder called mp3 on your sdcard and then dump the songs in there. Now when you fire up your jukebox, it will see all the contents of the folder mp3. Same is true for audiobooks, text, and photos. JUst create the folders and put the content in the respective folder and you are good to go.

If you have the transmitter set up properly by tuning to a frequency that is not being used, it will play everything through the radio speakers other than the hands free calls.

HTH:D

just want to add ...... you can have sub-folders under the mp3 folder.
You can also put mp3 files in the "mp3" directory which stores on the internal memory..... in case your SD card ran out of room. =P

Enjoy.

thanks for your help

Hi Bilybob,
Thanks for your help I have it up and running now with 150 songs in the card.
I did a demo today on a 200 km run today, It was great. I noticed the volume on the stereo has to be turned up relative to normal FM radio.
Thanks Again
Lew

Hey Lew, can I ask which brand of SD card you use (the 720's don't seem to like all brands) and how you formatted it (FAT? FAT32?).

Re the volume difference. The 720 works best when very close to the car's FM aerial. (In fact I am having a second aerial wire spliced onto the back of the car stereo and fed up behind the dash close to where my 720 is mounted just for the purpose.) Having the unit very near the aerial seems to reduce the need to have the stereo wound up to 11 to hear MP3s...

Gluck on the trip.

Cheers,
Bruce
(Sydney, .au)

sd card for mp3

Hi Bruce,
The SD card is "BRAVO" ex ebay. The card was formatted for my digital camera,
I am unsure whether that is fat or fat32.

this one seems fine.
the FM reception is not really a problem as the volume level is not that much different.

Lew;)

Ask a Question