Moving Favourites to POI Possible?

Hi,
I saved "my present position" as a favourite and would now like to move it to a file in the POI section. Is this possible to do?:thumb:

Best Wishes
Piff

You don't say what model you have but on some models, if a custom poi category you set up:

(I think it's something like this)

Manage poi-->Edit Category-->Select-->Add poi-->and one of the choices is favourite.

Sorry!
Its a tom Tom live 750 I think (not with me at present!)
I will give that a try and thank you very much!
Piff

Within the menus, there are LOTS of ways to swap and save locations between Favourites, user-POI categories, Recent destinations, My location etc.

The two main places to achieve it are
1.in the "Manage POIs or "Manage Favourites" preferences/settings menus, and
2. on the Browse map page, where you can use "Find" to find just about anything, followed by the blue cursor button to Save it as something else.

(If you want to save anything to a user-POI category, you DO obviously need to have created the new category already)

Alternatively, if you have a long list of Favourites you want to convert to a user-POI category, you can do that too, using a utility such as POIEdit on the PC, to open the MapSettings.cfg file from your TomTom's map folder, and then to save the bits you want as an .ov2 file to go back onto the TomTom (in the map folder)

Ask a Question