Moving Favorites?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd Edition
Let me get this straight.

To move a favorite, I have to create a new one and delete the old one?

If I go to "Manage Favorites" & select the favorite I want to change...

I get three buttons from left to right.

- Rename
- Delete
- Done

No way to just move it or change the address?

The Favorite is really based on the GPS coordinates of the point, but these remain invisible. Changing the name won't change the longitude and lattitude. So you have answered your own question correctly. Do it the long way.

The Favorite is really based on the GPS coordinates of the point, but these remain invisible. Changing the name won't change the longitude and lattitude. So you have answered your own question correctly. Do it the long way.

Thanks for confirming.

I didn't imply that I thought simply changing a name should change the coordinates though. That's impossible under any circumstances.

Moving the star around on the map, entering new coordinates, or editing an address wouldn't be reinventing any wheels. Technically not any different than editing the POI's.

I really like my TT, but this limitation is mind boggling.

Last edited:
If you just want to rename it, you go to the preference menu and select manage favorites and you should be able to rename if from there.

If you just want to rename it, you go to the preference menu and select manage favorites and you should be able to rename if from there.

No, I know. LOL - editing the name is simple.

I just wanted to move/correct the physical location without having to delete and re-enter it from scratch. Amazingly, that's impossible.

Last edited:

Ask a Question