Moveing start and finish journey flags in Route Planner

TomTom Model(s)
One (30 Series)/125/130 (512 MB) and XXL Classic - 2GB TTS
In TT route planner can you set the start and finish journey flags on the map rather than using
the plan a route start and finish boxes.

Is it possible to create a via point or do you just have to make 2 routes or a series of routes to get to your destination if a lot of roadworks are to be avoided en-route Joe

In TT route planner can you set the start and finish journey flags on the map rather than using
the plan a route start and finish boxes.

With my browser (Firefox) it's easy. Just right click on the map and you get a pop-up box with "start here" , "finish here", "set as Home location" and a couple of other options.

Different browsers may have different capabilities (a bit like how you cannot select several POIs to upload in one go in MyTomTom if you use Internet Explorer)

Is it possible to create a via point?

I've never found a way...

Hi Andy_P I have found the right click to enter the start finish point works with Firefox and Chrome but not with IE. Would it be worth making a sticky for which browser is the best to use for different TT functions or maybe that sticky exists but I have not seen it yet
Joe

Joe, that sticky doesn't exist and honestly what browser works for one user sometimes does not for another.

If there is one common issue, it could be that IE9 sucks when using any web page since IE9 does not use the standard Adobe Flash for rendering images. Changing the compatibility to XP sometimes helps.

Joe, that sticky doesn't exist and honestly what browser works for one user sometimes does not for another.

If there is one common issue, it could be that IE9 sucks when using any web page since IE9 does not use the standard Adobe Flash for rendering images. Changing the compatibility to XP sometimes helps.

Hi DHN I appreciate what you are saying. I have set firefox as my default browser and the flag positioning works fine. In a moment of rashness I allowed IE to take over. I new at one time I had been able to set the flag points OK now I know why I have been having problems setting them. Thanks Joe

Here's something in lieu of a sticky.... DON'T USE IE... EVER ! :D

(Stands back and waits for the fight to start...)

Ask a Question