Mounting GO-2535M LIVE on a Garmin Ball?

Anyone know if there are any adapters that will let me mount my GO-2535M LIVE on a Garmin Ball?

I have a permanent Garmin Ball mounted on my dash like this:
interiorcollage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Garmin is a different diameter to the TomTom "Ball" Brodit/ Pro-Clip make a ball that fits some of the TomTom PND units, the part number is 533091

Time to measure the diameter of the balls which checks in at 15,90MM slightly less than the Garmin standard ball which is 17,12MM (Both are shown in this picture for comparison).

The TomTom Ball can be found on the following units:

Go-x20, x30, x40, x50, 1000, Start/ Ease, XL (any of them that use the "Easy Port" style mount - Mike

I don't suppose the OP would be too keen on your "Dremmel grinding wheel" solution, Mike!

I don't suppose the OP would be too keen on your "Dremmel grinding wheel" solution, Mike!

Maybe not, but it is possible to reduce the Garmin Ball down to the required diameter to fit the TomTom, I did this for my iPhone car kit a while back, heavy grade Emery cloth followed by some "wet-n-dry" - Mike

Whats wrong with the Pro-Clip part 533091 and take the Go mount supplied with your device to bits to fit it straight to the Pro-Clip part (it fits like a glove) - Mike

I think I may have found my solution:

BR202LP.jpg

The BRAVO LOCK PLATE is designed to fit the 17mm ball used on all VSM-G3 style mounts and the BRAVO universal mount. The LOCK PLATE can be used in place of the A PLATE found with all VSM-G3 mounting brackets.

The LOCK PLATE is simple to use. Simply snap it onto a ball and turn the collar down to tighten. The hole pattern used is an AMPS hole pattern making it compatible with nearly any holder or cradle.
It's a part from Pro.Fit International.

Now I just need to know if this Bracketron part will work with the 2535M-Live's active mount:

1_19.jpg

TomTom AMPs Plate | Bracketron

How did you manage to detach the active mount dock from the suction cup ball? I removed the 2 screws but I still can't get it off.

Thanks.

Once the screws are out of the back of the mounting shoe you can insert your finger nail between the front and rear part of the mount at the end away from where the connector would sit, once the top part works free the front bit simply lifts off.
Once you get inside there are four cross headed screws that secure the ball retaining clip, release these and it should all come apart, if its any use I have a set of pictures on the PC somewhere showing how the 1000/ 2505 mount breaks down - Mike

Having found the pictures this should give you an idea as to how I swapped from a Windscreen mount to a very secure and stable dash vent mount using Brodit/ Pro-Clip parts along with bits from the mount supplied with the Go-1000/ 2505.

First of all I have screwed the Brodit "Ball" part number 533091 to a Pro-Clip to suit my car:

Remove the two Torx head screws in the rear of the mounting shoe

Apply pressure to the joint between the two parts of the shoe using your thumb nail to spring the two halves apart

The front face of the mounting show can now be removed along with the magnet

Next release the four cross head/ Phillips head screws to release the rear of the shoe from the windscreen sucker.

Remove the plastic translucent ball cup from around the ball, it should simply pull out.

Pull the retaining collar from the ball, this takes a bit of force but not too much as there is nothing actually securing it other than being a tight fit.

Now we switch attention to the Pro-Clip and ball, fitting the collar and translucent cap in to place.

Firstly the collar is pushed over the ball.

Next fit the translucent cap

Make sure this is fully seated as there is only one position this can be placed into, a small hole lets a small part of black plastic protrude through the cap at the 12 o'clock and six o'clock positions as shown.

Re-fit the shoe to the collar by securing the four Phillips head screws, its not a bad idea to secure these screws with thread lock to stop them working loose, the screws need to be secure as these provide the friction to prevent the mount from moving under gravity when driving (Droopy mount if screws aren't tight)

Pop the magnet back into position in the slot on the front portion of the mounting shoe.

Snap the front portion of the mounting shoe back in to place and resecure the two Torx head screws in the rear of the mounting shoe.

The modified mount in the car, note the power cable dives through the airvent to a ciggy lighter socket hidden behind the dash providing for a no wires, neat installation.

Finally the unit sat in place:

Hope that helps - Mike

Awesome instructions - thank you so much Mike! :thumb:

I'll have to try that this weekend. Just like you I bought a ball mount that attaches to the vent I just couldn't get the active mount to come apart. I was afraid to break it but now at least I know that it's possible.

Thanks again,
Marco

Here is the adapter Slots into dash CD Player perfect solution with 3 positions or hold both phone and satnav

tripple.jpg

The CD Slot Mount's 3 industry standard car accessory 17mm balls offer different locations for mounting onto the CD Slot Mount with a range of different holders.

Extensive design work and careful attention to detail means if required you can even mount your mobile phone on another ball at the same time with plenty of room for adjustment.

Please see pictures showing some different options available which simply fit onto any of the new CD Slot Mount balls.
trippleapp.jpg

"industry standard car accessory 17mm balls"
Unfortunately, TomTom doesn't follow the 'industry standard'. The TomTom runs about 15.9mm. See posts in the other thread as well.
You'd need to shave these down a bit to make them fit. 1mm doesn't sound like much, but it is in this application.

With the CD Slot Mount do not use the tomtom ball you simply attach your sat nav weather its a tomtom Garmin ect to the fitting that CD Slot Mount supply and attach fitting directly to the CD Slot Mount 17mm ball like this one for a tomtom V4

v4.jpg

Last edited:
Since selling these things, a bit more help, please:

Those device above doesn't look like it would fit onto any TomTom I own. You say we do not use the TomTom ball. How would one affix that piece above to a GO1535, for example? Are you supposed to try to attach the suction cup to this circular device in that photo?

Ah - none of those bits with balls that you showed in the other posts are relevant then. It comes with a 'sticky mount'. Got it.

Yes that is correct you simply attach your tomtom directly to the CD Slot Mount which comes in two versions the other has a triple ball mounting for attaching other sat-nav tomtom Garmin ect directly onto the mount,

holder-mobile.gif

Last edited:

Ask a Question