Mount issues

TomTom Model(s)
GO-910
The next time you are considering complaining about the "not-very-elegant" design of the TomTom Go window mount consider the following. I was riding in a car with a guy who has a Garmin Nuvi on a window mount. He attached it to a car window I've been using for my GO-910 recently. His mount, with Nuvi attached, fell off the window 3 or 4 times and crashed to the floor of the car. He finally gave up and quit mounting it to the window and held it. There was nothing unusual about the driving or the road (no bumps or bouncing outside the usual.) It just kept coming detached and falling. ;)

The next time you are considering complaining about the "not-very-elegant" design of the TomTom Go window mount consider the following. I was riding in a car with a guy who has a Garmin Nuvi on a window mount. He attached it to a car window I've been using for my GO-910 recently. His mount, with Nuvi attached, fell off the window 3 or 4 times and crashed to the floor of the car. He finally gave up and quit mounting it to the window and held it. There was nothing unusual about the driving or the road (no bumps or bouncing outside the usual.) It just kept coming detached and falling. ;)
TT910
My mount stays on the window but the ball joint doesn't hold the unit in place.

I hardly use the thing so it's not from wear. Anybody know how to tighten the ball joint?

hello, are you lokcing the mount to the 2nd lock? Click on my 4th link located in my signature below. It is with the blue link. It will show you a video clip of how to do it.
good luck

Mount issures

On the TT 910 look carefully at the small lock and unlock symbols. When you go to put it on your wind shield press in firmly and twist the locking mechanism to the right all the way. It must go past the lock symbol to tighten up good on the ball so it wont't droop down on rough roads.

Mount isssues

I do not mount my 510 in the middle of the windshield. I mount my 510 where it will rest on the dash. I do connect the suction cup to the windshield to keep it in place. I know not all dashboards are designed the same but it works for me. I tried mounting directly on windshield when I first got it but it seemed to bounce around too much. Give it a try!! :cool:

Ask a Question