More routing Lunacy

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One
Yesterday I left my dentist, with a mouth full of novacain, and headed to a great grocery store and Home Depot that are just too far from home to use regularly - but since I was mostly there anyway...
The GPS co-ord is in my TT1 as a fav., I know it's good 'cause I've used it before.
I know I'm heading the right way because some of the landmarks are familiar. The TT1 keeps telling me to turn around. I cancel the route, it tells me to turn around, I recalculate the route using fastest instead of shortest - it tells me to turn around. I cancel the route and tell it to use shortest - it tells me to turn around. I cancel the route and tell it to use fastest - it tells me to turn around. I cancel the route, turn the TT1 off, turn it back on -> Nav to and it tells me to turn around.
The entire time after telling me to turn around it will periodically recalculate and tell me to turn around again.
Finally I arrive right outside Home Depot, I think in the same parking spot where I set the GPS data on an earlier trip, and the voice comes on and says to turn around.
I didn't have anything to push the reset button with - did that when I got home. Hopefully that will solve routings latest delight.
The only change I have made lately is to download the latest ephemeris(sp?)
data the day before.

Details: APP V6.560 OS: 1713
GPS V1.21 BOOT 5.05
MAPS North_America 665.1293

Anybody seen this before - and or have any ideas what to do if it happens again. I mean this time I kind of had an idea where I was going but if not I would have been SOOL.:(

I'll hesitate long before hooking my TomTom to a computer. Also the last thing I want to do is using TomTom Home.
You don't need to expose youself to these (ephemeris data download ...) unnecessarily. Just wait a bit , big deal - also they are always good if you use your TomTom every day.

Also before unhooking your TomTom remember to
1- Click on 'safely remove hardware'
2- Turn off the TomTom
3- Unplug the USB cable

Once I turn off my PC without doing the above sequence and my TomTom refused to shut off - all I did was to transfer some POI.

I hope you have a good backup.

Also... if you do use HOME and are connected to 'My ONE' you need to shut it down through HOME first. It's a good idea to select 'disconnect device' before shutting down HOME too, but Click on 'safely remove hardware' works too. If you don't do either of these you will end up with problems!!

Thanks lec510 and Battom for the suggestions! What made it really strange was that I disconnected from Home using the My Device icon. I'm currently on a MAC so as soon as I click on My Device the TT1 is removed as a hardware device.
I was really wondering if anyone else had the same sort of experience since any of the latest upgrades or if it was just one of those electron storm glitches that catch us all every so often.
Anyhow thanks again! If anyone else has any ideas - I'm all ears, not quite like Ross Perot :eek: but you get the idea.
rhys

Ask a Question