missing UK map on device

TomTom Model(s)
go 530
hello, i have a tom tom go 530, last night i paid for the map updates, today when i turn my device on it only shows the french maps and not th uk maps. in the tomtom software its telling me that the uk maps are installed. how do i see them on my device, please help i'm getting a little frustrated with it all.

Hi and welcome to TTF!

Try tapping your screen then find Change Preferences and tap on it.

In case some of your buttons may be hidden, you can press
Show ALL menu options in the Preferences menu to show all buttons.
Scroll through the screens to find Manage maps, then find Switch Map and tap on it. You should see a list of your installed maps. Hopefully you'll find the UK map. Select it.

Hope this will help you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to TTF!

Try tapping your screen then find Change Preferences and tap on it.

In case some of your buttons may be hidden, you can press
Show ALL menu options in the Preferences menu to show all buttons.​

Scroll through the screens to find Manage maps, then find Switch Map and tap on it. You should see a list of your installed maps. Hopefully you'll find the UK map. Select it.​

Hope this will help you!​

thank you for the advice, i have tried what you said but still no UK maps

Last edited by a moderator:
hello, i have a tom tom go 530, last night i paid for the map updates, today when i turn my device on it only shows the french maps and not th uk maps. in the tomtom software its telling me that the uk maps are installed. how do i see them on my device, please help i'm getting a little frustrated with it all.
Since you just purchased the map updates, I would expect that TomTom would have no problem finding the record of that purchase. Accordingly, rather than jumping through hoops trying to locate the files and recover them from wherever they have gone, I would just call customer service and have them give you access to what you purchased.

I have read that in the UK the phone numbers for CS are: 0845 161 0009 or 020 7387 5444, but I have never used those numbers myself since I am in Southern California.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

in the tomtom software its telling me that the uk maps are installed. .

Where EXACTLY is it saying that, please?

And if you go to "Switch map" as described above, what maps are listed?

If it ONLY says "France" then TT have made a cock-up and sold you the wrong map.

Ask a Question