Missing Speed limits after update?

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540TM
I have a 540TM and after the last update, the major highway outside my sub-division is not showing the speed limit.

When I get on I95, the speed limit shows up

I forgot to backup. I still have old file that TomTom creates
can u do anything with that file

:confused:

What old file are you referring to?

You can add a spped limit to the highway using mapshare but it won't be taken into consideration for the IQ routing or the ETA.

You can use it in conjunction with the status bar preference to warn when going faster than allowed.

Believe that's the third mention of Speed Limits on secondary roads disappearing in the latest map. Has anyone noticed whether IQRoutes is affected on those roads? I would hope not, but worth a check. Perhaps use two or three on a short route, then try again with IQR disabled.

IQ routing uses historical data, not the imbedded speed that goes along with the map data .... if sufficient historical data i available for those roads.

I noted that the pnly place I saw the speed limits some up was the Interstates in DC area.

I will check the other roads this weekend

Wonder if you can restore from that file in the Download dir under Home. I think TomTom dumps it their before they install it on the GPS

IQ routing uses historical data, not the imbedded speed that goes along with the map data .... if sufficient historical data i available for those roads.

Yes, I knew that. I jsut thought it might be worth a quick check to be sure that all speed-related data on those roads wasn't eliminated. It doesn't seem like omitting posted speed limits would reduce the size of the map very much. It may have been inadvertant.

lost speed limit XXL 540TM after update

after the last update I lost the speed limit info. The window turn red to tell me I am speeding but will not give me the speed limit.
I also have an XL350 TM, that one after the update now shows the speed limit in a cute little road sign.
I think the little sign did not make it into the XXL 540 update.

TOM TOM you need to address this problem. Thanks

If you turn off 'Show current time' in the status bar, I think you then get to see the max speed sign post.

Ask a Question