Missing POI's again

TomTom Model(s)
930T and XXL
Am I missing something or have all the rest areas on I-75 N been removed with the latest edition of maps? Would I create havoc if I substituded the POI file from my earlier maps into the new version?

If you replace the POi.dat file I think you will be missing features as the address locations to the POIs.

It appears you are correct. I guess I will just drop in the POI that I downloaded from the forum some time ago. Have a good day.:)

check out this poi

I just drove ~700 miles using the rest stop poi from http://www.poi-factory.com/. It was very accurate; only listing one rest stop that wasn't there. Unfortunately for me, my eye-balls were floating and I was really counting the miles before I discovered that rest stop was missing. Fortunately the next one was only 20 minutes further down the road. I'm amazed how many rest stops are not listed in the stock poi data for the 920. It showed rest stops every 100 miles or so, missing 2-3 in between. If you setup a poi alert for the rest stops, change the alert distance from 300 yds to 1600 (1 mile). This gives you some time to change into the correct lane.

Ask a Question