missing poi;s with map upgrade

TomTom Model(s)
930T and XXL
Those of you who travel with families and pets understand that the two most important POI's may well be McDonalds and RestAreas. The version that shipped with my 910 correctly identified every Rest Area between Knoxville Tn and Detroit Michigan. The new version shows only one rest area north of the Tenn./Ky state line. ABout McD's I did not check. Is there a method that would allow one to remove POI's from the earier addition to add to the "updated" one? By the way I have also found several map errors that I do not believe existed in the earlier edition.

Hey Doc... I don't believe there is a way to extract the built in POIs, if there were it certainly would make Pedro's job easier.... Infact, I'm sure he's the man to verify this one!

THanks Pedro. Can you make me one for the rest areas on I75 North from Kentucy Tennessee line to end of expressway in Detroit?

Got a response from TT support yesterday about the missing poi's from the earlier version of maps. The response was that I would have to copy my favorites and custom pois to the updated TT. Responded that this was not the issue that it was in their software. The response was that I could visit tthome and either purchase or download for free pois. Not sure how that answered the question.

Drieger,

Yes, you're right! This is huge! We travel across North America regularly on concert tours, and need to know rest stops. With the new maps, just about all the rest stops have disappeared from Texas where we are now.

Can't believe TomTom would do this... talk about cutting off all of the thousands of trucker clients who use rest areas constantly! Not to mention that one can't search for an exit---something that both Magellan and Garmin let you do. For some reason, the TomTom only has a few exits here and there. I'm sorry, but these Tele-Atlas maps really do suck.

Anyway... I have searched for rest area POI's, and amazingly, they are hard to find. There is the odd state here and there, but I need the whole country, as well as Canada.

Actually, what I need is for TomTom to put the data back from the old maps.

Pedro, if you are able to retrieve the rest area POI's from the old maps, that would be super.

Went to South Carolina yesterday and came back today. Rest stops seemed to work in this area as far as I could tell. Hopefully something will surface to solve this issue as others have been. So far the two of us have been the only ones to post this issue. Anyone else noticed things missing?

I was talking to TT tech support about another map issue. Apparently the new Teleatlas maps are not un upgrade of the previous version but brand new maps/data base and that this is why things whcih were there before are now missing. I can't get into my own street now as the map says the main entrance does not exist! Also all speed limit info in my area has disappeared.

Well that is not good. I was traveling in a neighboring state this past week and two of the major highways that were never problems before now have been moved!! Reported errors.

Ask a Question