Missing a memory card

Hello fellow TomTom owners.

I just recently purchased a ttOne last night and have been giddy ever since. I wish I would have purchased a GPS earlier, but now that I have one, I can't seem to stop driving around.

Anyhoo I have a question regarding the contents of the package. It seems that my unit did not come with the advertised SD card. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I've read a few things about different versions, and supposedly the latest version has shipped without one, making US and Canada maps all internal based. Than again maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Sine you were able to drive around with the TT navigating, you must have the newer version of the ONE.

Just check your box, you should see under the specs 1GB internal memory. If thats the case, not having an SD card is fine.

I got one too been messing with it for two days, no card in box. But it worked right in the parking lot of the store lol

Whats In The Tom Tom One

Yes mine worked out the box. TT One V4 is says when you cut it one but it appeared to have all the states but it says 32 megs ram so I don't know what the heck was in there. I am going to call them and see what the deal is because all the specs say 32 megs internal ram.

Yes mine worked out the box. TT One V4 is says when you cut it one but it appeared to have all the states but it says 32 megs ram so I don't know what the heck was in there. I am going to call them and see what the deal is because all the specs say 32 megs internal ram.

ram isnt the same as the storage for the maps... ram is what the unit uses on an ongoing basis to function, rather than storage. for instance, if you are driving in new york city, the ram, at that time, may contain whats nearby you in new york city. when you go somewhere else, the ram contents change quickly. this enables the device to work more quickly than searching through the 900mb all the time.

TT v4

Yeah .. I called up TomTom, thats right the V4 has about the 1.2 gigs in there so you are ready to rock and roll with the USA and Canada. You shut downt have any space to store anything else. If you drop in a SD Card it used that to boot from and all that stuff and your internal memory you can't use. I might just delete the internal maps and youse if for a storage device by booting up with ouy my external card. So I will always have 800 megs of storage to put files on.

So I ended up buying a 2gb card to download POIs and Voices strictly, but am having problems. Would it be better just to transfer the US/Canada maps to the card, where than I can download POIs and Voices?

You will have to transfer the contents of the internal memory to the new card. That is: map and operating system. The new POIs will go inside the map folder.

What I think Jimbo means when connecting your unit to your computer, right click on the removable drive and coping it (all the contents). Next is pasting the info in a new card. Is this correct?

Ask a Question