Methinks me screwed up...??

TomTom Model(s)
Go720 (3rd unit...2 stolen)
OK. while surfing the files in TomTom...I think I must have deleted 4 files by 'tupid mistake...prior to doing a back-up....DUhhh - at least that is my story at this time.!:eek: I notice that when I am in "Navigate to" I have 4 greyed out buttons: Home, Favorite, GPS Position & TomTom Buddy I am thinking that I might have lost/dumped whatever the files. Any help would be greatly appreciated...and I will bow in your general direction 21 times.!! Really I promise.!:D

..other thing is I drove 480 kms today. I noticed that when not actually navigating, just driving with the screen showing what I am doing, the icon for my truck is about 30 Metres or so to the right of the road. (Digital 4X4'ing .!). Most noticeable in the city while going down the Deerfoot 500 "freeway". It would also want to veer right everytime an exit came upon me. What might cause that and is it possible to calibrate these units..??

cheers,

stk

Last edited:
I notice that when I am in "Navigate to" I have 4 greyed out buttons: Home, Favorite, GPS Position & TomTom Buddy

Looks like the Mapsettings.cfg file may have been deleted but those greyed out icons is not a big problem.

They are grayed out because they haven't been setup.

HOME - you can set that up by going to Change Preferences>Change Home Location
Favourite - hopefully you didn't have a lot but you can just re-save them by POI, Browse map, address via Add favourite button.
GPS Position - will always be greyed out when using Navigate to.. because you are currently at the GPS position
TomTom Buddy - you need to add a new buddy via PLUS service. You need a compatible cell phone or just use the Virtual TomTom to add your buddies.

..other thing is I drove 480 kms today. I noticed that when not actually navigating, just driving with the screen showing what I am doing, the icon for my truck is about 30 Metres or so to the right of the road. (Digital 4X4'ing .!). Most noticeable in the city while going down the Deerfoot 500 "freeway". It would also want to veer right everytime an exit came upon me. What might cause that and is it possible to calibrate these units..??

cheers,

stk
Above answer resolves your configuration options problem. Let's hope that is all you deleted! Now go do that backup!

As to the latter item -- by any chance did you traverse that same section of the QE2 going both directions today? If so, was the bias always in the same compass direction (e.g., east both times) or was the bias always to the right side of the road (e.g., east when going north and west when going south)?

on the way back from Lethbridge, I used the navigate to see how that worked. I will however test that out in the AM...gong to Dead Reer.

Thanx guys...that helped big time.

i'll check to see if that file mentioned is missing.

back up done cpl times already..

thanx again.

stk

Ask a Question