TomTom Model(s)
carmanit
Hello

When I switch on my TomTom I get a message saying I have unread messages in my in box.

All these are are to remind me to subscribe to Live Sevices. I have renewed my subscription for another year but I cannot see away of deleting these reminder messages.

Regards

Peter

It's been a while since this came up. Browse to the "contacts" folder in the root of your device and delete inbox.txt file there.

It's been a while since this came up. Browse to the "contacts" folder in the root of your device and delete inbox.txt file there.
Hello

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you give me a bit more assistance

Where is the contact file in Root.

I cannot find it on my SD Card or on mt Carmenit Tom Tom

Regards

Peter

There should definitely be an inbox.txt file there somewhere in a 'contacts' folder. That is where such inbound messages are stored for this generation of TomTom.

There should definitely be an inbox.txt file there somewhere in a 'contacts' folder. That is where such inbound messages are stored for this generation of TomTom.
Hello

I have searched every folder on my SD card and there is no contacts folder or inbox text, I have physically opened every folder as well as done a search of the SD card.

Regards

Peter

Too strange. I cannot imagine what they have done on a Carminat that would be different from any of the rest of the Nav2 'Live' units (nor why they would have done it). All others use the inbox.txt file for this.

I suppose the last thing one might try is a global Windows (if you're using that) search of the two devices for *.* filenames that contain the words "Your LIVE Services will soon expire" or some portion of that. Since it's a text file, it should be an easy hit on a search.

These messages are supposed to 'expire' (they have a Unix time stamp tacked onto the end) but that function doesn't always seem to work.

FWIW, I am attaching a copy of a typical inbox.txt file to this post for you to review so you can see in detail the content.

Attachments

• inbox.txt
    173 bytes · Views: 387

Ask a Question