Menu Option - Manage POIs

Can anyone help please?

I have an XL IQ Routes? edition? Europe (or TT 330XL) which I have updated to replace the Easy Menu with the fuller menu structure like that described in the sticky at the head of this forum (thanks to all who contributed to that).

The fuller menu is so much better than the EasyMenu and its lack of functions but I still seem to be missing something. In the Manage Pois section I cannot see the option to enter / update a POI using "Latitude/Longitude" TT GO series. This is something I really need to be able to do as I am often not able to make a connection to TT Home or the Internet for weeks at a time but am often given coordinates to navigate to whilst I have my TT.

Does anyone know how I can have the full Manage POIs functionality in an XL IQ model or is this just not possible. I have had a look at the OpenTom.org menu structure and cannot see a level of detail in the menus / tasks below that of "TASK_CONFIGURE_POI" and "TASK_MAINTAIN_POI".

Sorry if this has been dealt with before, and if so please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

I still seem to be missing something. In the Manage Pois section I cannot see the option to enter / update a POI using "Latitude/Longitude" TT GO series.
That is a greyed out option on my 930 also.
I can select Point on map and carefully move to a location on the map.
It is not that bad if you roughly know where the new location is but still cumbersome.

Tap on the map (use a plastic stylus for precision) and you'll get a blue dot. Enlarge or reduce the scale with the bar to the right and the blue dot will remain flashing within the view. You can move it, by tapping on an other spot, until you got the correct address or the coordinates at the left bottom match the ones you were given.

Even if you tap [DONE] the point is not locked in until you acknowledge it in that screen.

Give it a try and post a feed back.
If it works, others with an XL will appreciate you pioneering.

Cheers,
Arno

Last edited:

Ask a Question