Menu Commands TomTom 3rd Edition

I followed advice for creating a new menu that shows .itn files. In the process, I couldn't find the command to restore HELP ME or TOM TOM Traffic. Does anyone know the syntex for these? Is there a complete file of TOMTOM syntex for all programable functions anywhere? I'm looking for the equivalent for HELP ME to MENUITEM|TASK_HELP_GENERAL|

Thanks.

Don

The Help Me command is not known as it is part of the NavCore 7 firmware update. All the menu commands are based off of the old NavCore 6, which still work, but using a custom menu costs you the new functions.

Here are the traffic commands:

Traffic

* TASK_MENU_TRAFFIC, go to traffic menu
* TASK_TRAFFIC_ENABLE, enable traffic support
* TASK_TRAFFIC_EXPLAIN, help for traffic
* TASK_TRAFFIC_REPLAN, replan current route
* TASK_TRAFFIC_SETTINGS, specify traffic settings
* TASK_TRAFFIC_UPDATE, update traffic information
* TASK_TRAFFIC_VIEW, go to traffic incidents view

I followed advice for creating a new menu that shows .itn files. In the process, I couldn't find the command to restore HELP ME or TOM TOM Traffic. Does anyone know the syntex for these? Is there a complete file of TOMTOM syntex for all programable functions anywhere? I'm looking for the equivalent for HELP ME to MENUITEM|TASK_HELP_GENERAL|

Thanks.

Don

As digital flex states, the Navcore7 firmware currently doesn't support custom menus for certain Navcore7 features (Map Corrections, Help, etc.).

HOWEVER, I found a great little program that can give you access to BOTH menus without needing to connect to a PC. Please see my write-up here:
>>> MenuTT <<<

Please help me Birdman, I have installed your custom menu on my TT1 3rd and it works great. I'm trying now to install the MenuTT icon so I swich back and forth. I can get both icons to show up, but when I click on either one I end up with the TomTom default menu. Also not sure where to put the TASK_SDK* command. Can't find any TASK_SDK* commands in the custom menu I donwloaded. Thanks

Please help me Birdman, I have installed your custom menu on my TT1 3rd and it works great. I'm trying now to install the MenuTT icon so I swich back and forth. I can get both icons to show up, but when I click on either one I end up with the TomTom default menu. Also not sure where to put the TASK_SDK* command. Can't find any TASK_SDK* commands in the custom menu I donwloaded. Thanks

I just added a TASK_SDK1 to my custom menu. Download the TomTom.mnu.zip file again and use this file instead of the TomTom.mnu you downloaded before. This new menu should allow the new icon to appear on page #3 and then you can access both menus.

Last edited:
Still no luck Birdman. I got the MenuTT icon on page 3, and the personal menu icon in the hidden location, but they both give me the default TomTom menu. Any ideas? :confused: Thanks

Never mind Birdman, uninstalled and reinstalled again and it works perfect. Thanks anyway!

Last edited:
Still no luck Birdman. I got the MenuTT icon on page 3, and the personal menu icon in the hidden location, but they both give me the default TomTom menu. Any ideas? :confused: Thanks

Never mind Birdman, uninstalled and reinstalled again and it works perfect. Thanks anyway!

Hey, great to hear ya got it working....it's nice to still have a method for getting back to your default menu without hooking up to a PC!

Can someone reveal the "secret place" where the new menu resides? I hate to have to scroll through each menu trying to find it. I added the custom menu and I have like tons of pages of menus. They all seem to be there but the itinerary menu button is like on the last page a numerous menus.

Off Subject

Thanks.

Don

How do you enter a new thread? My ONE 3 ad. Can not find 18636 Weld County Road 25 1/2, Platteville, CO. It limits the house # to 12999

Entering Rual Address

How do you enter a new thread?
My ONE 3 Adition Can not find 18636 Weld County Road 25 1/2, Platteville, CO. It limits the house # to 12999. I did update the TomTom, and it still did not find the address. My laptop GPS finds it with Platteville, CR 25.5, 18636.
Thanks

Can someone reveal the "secret place" where the new menu resides? I hate to have to scroll through each menu trying to find it. I added the custom menu and I have like tons of pages of menus. They all seem to be there but the itinerary menu button is like on the last page a numerous menus.

You can modify a custom menu any way you like. You can put any icon you want on page 1, page 2, page, 3, etc. Or you can remove icons you never use.

The custom menu file is named TomTom.mnu and will be found in your /SdkRegistry folder on your TomTom. This is a simple text file and you can either edit it via a text editor (like Notepad or Wordpad) or some Graphical programs for easier generation.

Here is my page that describes what you need to know about custom menus:
>>> Custom Menus <<<

Ask a Question