memory increase for tom tom xxl

TomTom Model(s)
xxl
Does any one know how to increase the memory on a xxl?
My device responds slow with the waypoints program installed. Thanks much!

louis:):)

Since the XXL has no provision for an external uSD or SD card, the only way you can increase available memory is to start deleting unnecessary items from the 2GB that your unit has internally. I doubt that will help, however -- freeing up additional flash memory should not improve the speed of your device. Adding DRAM might be interesting (assumes your application needs more and is having to page things back and forth from flash), but that's essentially a device redesign.

TomTom should have been supplying all units with 4GB internal RAM, especially since their maps are constantly increasing in size and detail.

TomTom should have been supplying all units with 4GB internal RAM, especially since their maps are constantly increasing in size and detail.
In this case, it would be helpful to distinguish between memory and memory. You're thinking flash memory. The XXL only has 64MB of DRAM. If the OP's unit would benefit from a design that had more of anything, it's DRAM. That's as much as any TT has had up until the 1XXX and 2XXX models were introduced.

If you are meaning response time during navigation...try removing unnecessary Poi's from your device especially 3rd party poi's...that may help with response time during navigation. To much activity on the device will slow the operation some times telling you to turn after you have passed your turn.

..waypoints program..
Meant to ask - what program is this? I'm familiar with most of the 3rd party applications out there, but this one didn't ring a bell.

Wonder whether the OP was referring to Itineraries?
Could be. Would explain the use of the word 'waypoints'. Guess we'll have to wait until he returns to find out!

Ask a Question