Memory Card Questions for ONE XL

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
I was thinking of buying a SD memory card for my TomTom ONE XL for either extra maps or the 2GB North America map.

What SD cards are compatible with the ONE XL (brand, rating, speed, etc.)?
What is the max memory speed I should buy?
What is the difference between SD and SDHC?
How much memory is too much?
What SD cards won't work?
Is there anything else I should know about buying a memory card for my XL?

Does anyone know the speed of the internal memory on the ONE XL?

I was thinking of buying a SD memory card for my TomTom ONE XL for either extra maps or the 2GB North America map.

I've seen users report the 4GB SD (not SDHC) cards from Transcend (150x) and TopRam (class 6) work.

Get the faster you can to insure no slowdown in map performance.

SDHC = Secure Digital High Capacity (doesn't work on an XL)

Never too much memory

Most 2GB SD card brands work.

As far as 2GBs go, should I still get the fastest possible - or will a "regular" card be just fine?
(I'm not sure I want to fork out the $$ for the 150x 4GB just yet...)

As far as 2GBs go, should I still get the fastest possible - or will a "regular" card be just fine?
(I'm not sure I want to fork out the $$ for the 150x 4GB just yet...)

That is a debatable discussion. Some people have used regular cards and stated that they didn't see any performance issues....other have said they saw performance issues until they bought a faster card.

Kind of a crappy answer, but there isn't a consistent answer.

You cannot use the NA map if you're currently using the USA_Canada map. I believe that's the standard map for the ONE XL. Tom Tom has restricted the use of maps only to certain units.

So I'm stuck with the USA_Canada "1GB" map? No way to buy/upgrade to the NA map at all for my XL-S?

Problems

hi there
Im from Brazil and Got a TOMTOM ONE XL here w/ brazilian maps. I also bought a 2GB Sandisk SD Card but didnt not successfull. does anybody have a step-bystep on how to install the maps on the SD? I even tried to copy all the content from device to sd but didnt get!
thanks in advance

hi there
Im from Brazil and Got a TOMTOM ONE XL here w/ brazilian maps. I also bought a 2GB Sandisk SD Card but didnt not successfull. does anybody have a step-bystep on how to install the maps on the SD? I even tried to copy all the content from device to sd but didnt get!
thanks in advance
I have read that if you connect your Tom Tom to your computer with the USB cable (unit turned off), then insert the disk, HOME will recognize that the disk needs the o/s, map, etc, and load it onto the disk. Also, be aware that the ONEs are not compatible with HC disks. I'm not sure if they make 2gb HC cards, but if yours is a HC card, it won't work.

Not worked

I have read that if you connect your Tom Tom to your computer with the USB cable (unit turned off), then insert the disk, HOME will recognize that the disk needs the o/s, map, etc, and load it onto the disk. Also, be aware that the ONEs are not compatible with HC disks. I'm not sure if they make 2gb HC cards, but if yours is a HC card, it won't work.

hi friend
I ve also read that item. But I did exactly as the manual but no success!!!!

No HC

What do you call a HC Card? Mine is a Sandisk 2Gb. Not any text about HC. Ive also tried a Kingston 1Gb - No HC Markl. and didnt work also.

Regards

hi

Yes I do.
Anda also tried to copy the files using my card reader. Simply dont work. Im almost returnig the device and get one from another trade.

tks
Fabio

I installed a 2G SD card and loaded my orginal content on to it. I have a problem where the unit will not turn on with the SD card in it unless I pull it out and reinstall it OR if I have the unit plugged to the computer.

Anyone have any solutions for this?

Thanks

With the card in, turn on the unit. then do a pin reset, holding the pin in for five seconds or so. next time you press the on button, it should work.

you have to repeat this precedure every time you remove the sd card.

Ask a Question