Memory card and stuttering 730

TomTom Model(s)
Hello forum,

I'm a bit of a newbie and this forum has proven very valuable - thank you everyone.
I have a couple questions around the memory card (8gb SDHC) on 730 - software 8.3 and NA map 8.15; since the upgrade I've been experiencing the stuttering that others have noted in other posts.

There's a post by DHN that suggests a possible solution to the stuttering in which he suggests moving the NA folder from the internal memory to the SD memory card. Is this is as easy as just cut and paste? and do I just paste it to the root of the memory card? Can I do this through Windows Explorer or do I need to use TomTom Home?

I also wanted to store mp3's on the card - so I should just create an "mp3" folder on the root of the memory card and the unit will recognize it? Will it recoginze both folders? (the one on the internal memory and the one on the SD card)

Thanks for you're help.

-Mike

Hello forum,

I'm a bit of a newbie and this forum has proven very valuable - thank you everyone.
I have a couple questions around the memory card (8gb SDHC) on 730 - software 8.3 and NA map 8.15; since the upgrade I've been experiencing the stuttering that others have noted in other posts.

There's a post by DHN that suggests a possible solution to the stuttering in which he suggests moving the NA folder from the internal memory to the SD memory card. Is this is as easy as just cut and paste? and do I just paste it to the root of the memory card? Can I do this through Windows Explorer or do I need to use TomTom Home?

I also wanted to store mp3's on the card - so I should just create an "mp3" folder on the root of the memory card and the unit will recognize it? Will it recoginze both folders? (the one on the internal memory and the one on the SD card)

Thanks for you're help.

-Mike

I don't beleive you will eliminate your studdering by placeing it on your SD card but you can just do a copy place with explorer from unit to Sd card.

Then when you boot up with card in it will load from the card. If you want to get rid of the studdering you can put older verson app on internal unit with older map ( say 8.010 )
then remove the card when you don't want the 8.30 app with 8.15 map and just boot up the unit without the card in.

(Make full explorer back up first)

Last edited:
To Mikem....

The key word in my post was 'possible'. I was just reporting on what somebody said he "thinks" remedies the stuttering. No guarantees.

To Mikem....

The key word in my post was 'possible'. I was just reporting on what somebody said he "thinks" remedies the stuttering. No guarantees.

I understand completely - It was just something I was going to try since the stuttering is starting to bother me. Your suggestion seemed easy enough to implement so i thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks for everyone's quick response.

-Mike

In another thread, someone posted that Support just told him to run the Clear Flash tool for the stuttering. I'm skeptical but he reports it seems to have worked (I think the fix may be temporary :eek: ). Anyway, if you have the problem again, you may want to go here to grab it.

In another thread, someone posted that Support just told him to run the Clear Flash tool for the stuttering. I'm skeptical but he reports it seems to have worked (I think the fix may be temporary :eek: ). Anyway, if you have the problem again, you may want to go here to grab it.

Thanks for clarifying, DHN.

TT support walked me through the clearing process - it was painless, and it's been 4 days now with no stuttering for my 730. :)

Just to get a gauge on this, is anyone with models other than the 730 experiencing this, or is it limited to just this model?

Those with f/w 8.3 are susceptible to the stuttering, doesn't matter which map or model.

Just to follow up on the stuttering issue - my 730 hasn't experienced it in awhile (at least 3 weeks now).

Is this still going on for others, or has it subsided for you all too?

Ask a Question