Meaning of land and road colors???

I've looked through the TomTom One manual and done quite a few google searches to try figure out the meaning of the map color codes. I know you can select various color schemes. My question does not pertain to selecting color schemes.

I'm using the default display. The roads usually show as light red, with my path marked in dark red. Sometimes as I pass by intersections or highway entrances and exits, portions of the road show as "mustard" yellow. What does that mean? I can't find anything.

Also, the land around road shows as different colors. I've being trying to figure out if that is supposed to indicate residential neighborhoods, commercial land etc. I can't make heads or tails of it. Does anybody know what land colors mean?

Thanks.
GJH15:)

Last edited:
I've looked through the TomTom One manual and done quite a few google searches to try figure out the meaning of the map color codes. I know you can select various color schemes. My question does not pertain to selecting color schemes.

I'm using the default display. The roads usually show as light red, with my path marked in dark red. Sometimes as I pass by intersections or highway entrances and exits, portions of the road show as "mustard" yellow. What does that mean? I can't find anything.

Also, the land around road shows as different colors. I've being trying to figure out if that is supposed to indicate residential neighborhoods, commercial land etc. I can't make heads or tails of it. Does anybody know what land colors mean?

Thanks.
GJH15:)
all I know is that salmon pink is urban and green is.. well green land (park or vegetation or farm etc).

I think that the road colours all indicate different road types. So, interstates will be different colours to state roads, to county roads, to local roads, etc.

I think that your colour schemes must be different to mine, as my route is marked in yellow. I have identified several different land types by observation. For me they are coloured;

Urban areas - pinkish
Industrial zones - grey
Airport grounds - purple
Parks - light green
Woodland - dark green
Water - blue
Sand - yellow

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. The Color Scheme Editor was very helpful. I loaded the "default" profile. It let me click in the map to see descriptions and colors, or select from road and landmarks from a list to see the corresponding colors. Thanks again.

Its funny that my ONE shows airports the almost the same shade of blue that water is... I will have to look at editing that with the Color Scheme Editor

Ask a Question