Meaning of land and road colors???

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by GJH15, Apr 19, 2007.

1. GJH15

GJH15

I've looked through the TomTom One manual and done quite a few google searches to try figure out the meaning of the map color codes. I know you can select various color schemes. My question does not pertain to selecting color schemes.

I'm using the default display. The roads usually show as light red, with my path marked in dark red. Sometimes as I pass by intersections or highway entrances and exits, portions of the road show as "mustard" yellow. What does that mean? I can't find anything.

Also, the land around road shows as different colors. I've being trying to figure out if that is supposed to indicate residential neighborhoods, commercial land etc. I can't make heads or tails of it. Does anybody know what land colors mean?

Thanks.
    GJH15:)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
    GJH15, Apr 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. GJH15

Nextourer

TomTom Model(s):
    ONE v2
    all I know is that salmon pink is urban and green is.. well green land (park or vegetation or farm etc).

Nextourer, Apr 19, 2007
    1 person likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. GJH15

The Spook

TomTom Model(s):
    910, 720 and ONE NE
    I think that the road colours all indicate different road types. So, interstates will be different colours to state roads, to county roads, to local roads, etc.

I think that your colour schemes must be different to mine, as my route is marked in yellow. I have identified several different land types by observation. For me they are coloured;

Urban areas - pinkish
    Industrial zones - grey
    Airport grounds - purple
    Parks - light green
    Woodland - dark green
    Water - blue
    Sand - yellow

The Spook, Apr 19, 2007
  4. GJH15

dxintel

You can find out what all the color indicate by using the Tomtom Color Scheme Editor.
    Just take the scheme your currently using copy to the computer and open it using the newly downloaded program

You can also change the color to your liking or something easier to remember

You can find it here
    http://www.colorschemeeditor.com/index.php?p=download&lang=EN

dxintel, Apr 19, 2007
    3 people like this.
  5. GJH15

GJH15

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. The Color Scheme Editor was very helpful. I loaded the "default" profile. It let me click in the map to see descriptions and colors, or select from road and landmarks from a list to see the corresponding colors. Thanks again.

GJH15, Apr 20, 2007
  6. GJH15

adidas1124

TomTom Model(s):
    GO LIVE 1535M and XXL-540TM
    Its funny that my ONE shows airports the almost the same shade of blue that water is... I will have to look at editing that with the Color Scheme Editor

adidas1124, Feb 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question