Maybe I'm stupid but...

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One LE
:confused: Tom Tom told me that the latest map for my tt one LE I bought on black Friday for the USA-Canada maps were 675.1409 I have been reading this forum and saw that ver 710 was out. Tom tom cs said that the 710 was the app version and I have 7.161 so can anyone with a tom tom one LE please let me know what there current USA_Canada map ver is along with their app version so I can compare? That way, if I am owed a map upgrade, i will have the resources to goto. I have tried the 30 day map upgrade in home as well as there auto updates, and it said everything is up to date.. Thanks for everyones help.. Tryton

I'm not sure because I don't have a ONE but v710 may only be for the North America map version and not the USA/Canada? Just a thought...

Got em!

just an update, I called tom tom again this morning, and decided to try a different route.. When they picked up, I asked, "whats the latest maps for the One LE?" the lady promptly said its 710.1575! I thought to myself.. GOTCHA!, I said thats great, I bought my tom tom last week and have the 675 maps and want the map upgrade :) I had to scan my receipt but that was about it.. I got em!!! YEAH!!!!! lol Thanks for all your help guys Tryton :p

just an update, I called tom tom again this morning, and decided to try a different route.. When they picked up, I asked, "whats the latest maps for the One LE?" the lady promptly said its 710.1575! I thought to myself.. GOTCHA!, I said thats great, I bought my tom tom last week and have the 675 maps and want the map upgrade :) I had to scan my receipt but that was about it.. I got em!!! YEAH!!!!! lol Thanks for all your help guys Tryton :p

I'd call back, ask for a supervisor and give them hell for the run around.

I thought about that.. But Since everything's fixed.. I wont, But posting my experience on this board is enough for people to see, Even Tom Tom.. ;) I hope anyone reading this follows this if they have the same problem.. The lady I talked to was VERY NICE and professional. I enjoyed talking to her and it went smooth.

I thought about that.. But Since everything's fixed.. I wont, But posting my experience on this board is enough for people to see, Even Tom Tom.. ;) I hope anyone reading this follows this if they have the same problem.. The lady I talked to was VERY NICE and professional. I enjoyed talking to her and it went smooth.

I seriously doubt the TomTom CSR supervisors troll the forums looking for posts like these. Even if they did, they wouldn't take it seriously without a customer's name/account.

It doesn't have to be a "complaint" call. Think of it as constructive criticism for future CS improvement.

You ding the first rep for seriously misleading you and then you praise the second rep for giving you what you originally wanted in a professional manner. Then you mention how you're really enjoying your new TomTom. The CSR supervisor will be VERY appreciative of any constructive feedback and you'll feel good.

I picked up my TT ONE LE today, and on the way home stopped by Fry's and picked up a 2GB SD card.

I backed up my system (had 7.05maps and 7.11 software). For fun I installed the SD card in with nothing on it. TT Home recognized the unit needed to have files copied over but only offerred 6.75 maps.

Could it be your maps as shipped got deleted somehow?

I picked up my TT ONE LE today, and on the way home stopped by Fry's and picked up a 2GB SD card.

I backed up my system (had 7.05maps and 7.11 software). For fun I installed the SD card in with nothing on it. TT Home recognized the unit needed to have files copied over but only offerred 6.75 maps.

Could it be your maps as shipped got deleted somehow?

Yes, after I brought my unit home, I did all the updates. Once done it said no maps available.. but I didn't erase them. tom tom software somehow corrupted it..

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4570

Ask a Question