Maybe I am just too anal, but on POI's

Jaz

Why don't businesses capitalize their names appropriately in the poi's?
Example:
Burger king (Burger King)
Dairy queen (Dairy Queen)
China star (China Star)
Applebee's neighborhood grill (Applebee's Neighborhood Grill)

Dunno maybe I'm just too picky but just doesn't look proper to me and its a little annoying. What makes it worse is I can't even edit them to be correct.

Example:
Burger king (Burger King)
Dairy queen (Dairy Queen)
China star (China Star)
Applebee's neighborhood grill (Applebee's Neighborhood Grill)

Dunno maybe I'm just too picky but just doesn't look proper to me and its a little annoying. What makes it worse is I can't even edit them to be correct.

The map correction feature in newer units allows the edit of POI names.

I know for a fact (base on what I learned in school) that every first letter of every word(s) in a technical term must be capitalized (ie. Personal Navigation Systems). I had a big argument with my Swiss colleagues when they asked me to translate some of our technical manuals from German to English. It seems that capitalizing only the first letter of the first word is now the technical standard (at least here in Europe).

How funny to see this here just now. I just finished adding about 25 wine stores to my maryland wine POI list and decided it was too much trouble to worry about capitalization, etc. It would be a lot easier if the TT allowed me to cut and paste information from Google, then I would not have to use the TT keyboard, which does not even allow total control from my PC keyboard. I also did not add phone numbers for the same reason, I could not cut and paste them.

Which brings up another issue, whenever I send a business from Google to my TT, I always get an error message, then, I have to hit the back button on the TT (pc) and then the location I have sent is available on the TT. From there, I see the map location and it's easy to set that as a POI. Is there a better way?

joey

I agree with you Jaz, It bothers me so much that the TomTom does not capitalize businesses names appropriately. If I could I would sit there and Edit all the PoI's in my area so that they would be correct.
Does anyone know of a fix for this?
Is there anything we can do?

Ask a Question