May I use external SD card for storage??

Hello!
I got go720. On the support site I found, that I can use external SD card for aditional storage. I try everything to set up that card: created a directory folder and t.t.,loaded with mp3, but when I disconecting my tomtom from pc,screen shows SD card with red cross,and device not even boots up until card is not removed from device. I called to customer support and they told me: sd card slot is for additional maps only, is not for personal storage.
Is that true? I need my mp3 files in my tomtom(internal memory just got about 450mb free).
Is the anybody can help,please?
Thank You!

Hello!
I got go720. On the support site I found, that I can use external SD card for aditional storage. I try everything to set up that card: created a directory folder and t.t.,loaded with mp3, but when I disconecting my tomtom from pc,screen shows SD card with red cross,and device not even boots up until card is not removed from device. I called to customer support and they told me: sd card slot is for additional maps only, is not for personal storage.
Is that true? I need my mp3 files in my tomtom(internal memory just got about 450mb free).
Is the anybody can help,please?
Thank You!

See my post in this thread regarding "Giving Up". I had same issues with two different cards and am very leary of Tom Tom support and this particular model at this point and time. I just don't think the product was ready when they released it.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=3440

Last edited:
I will again go back to my assertion that Tom Tom is not clear about the use of the SD card and any special requirements for its use or type. The lease they could do is put minimum card specs required out. They have been aloof in a lot of things regarding the 720.:mad:

Finally it works

Thank You guys for Your help.
<ptco911>I am reallly agree with Your opinion about TomTom support, cause I spoke with another guy from TomTom support yesterday,he said that I need install tomtom application to my external card to make it work.:) :) :) How?
He said try to update the card thru tomtom home.
Of cause it does't works. That shows how "professional" they are.
So finally I tryed already my 3rd card (Kingston Ultimate 120x 2GB) from my camera.
And it WORKS!!!!
So maybe we need to use a high speed SD cards to make it work?????

Ask a Question