Maximum SD card memory?

I want to add an SD card so I can load mp3s onto my TT720. At buymemory.com i saw that they have an 8 GB SDHC card listed for $46. This seems like a great deal, but most posts on here have only discussed 4 GB SDHC cards. Will this work with my 720? Thank you.

Max 4GB but not all SDHC are working, most of them dont

im using a Sandisk Ultra II 4gb SDHC wihtout any problem having my NA 710. map running on it

There's a guy on a English site who has used an 8g card from Peak but it does not appear to be available in the US. I tried a 4g Kingston SDHC and it did NOT work in my 920. Strange that some SDHC's work and some do NOT.

I have just bought an SDHC class 4, 8 gig card. When its read from my tomtom it will only format at 3.661 gig (4gb). None of my other card readers can even recognise it exists, so im going to hang onto it and submit the question to tomtom. My last 2 questions to tomtom weren't answered though (it's been two weeks) so I won't hold my breath.

I think it maybe be sorted in the future as the SDHC standard shouldn't be limited by capacity.

Furthermore, there's the chance my card is duff....

The problem that many people run into is that most cards come formatted with a FAT file system, which is limited.

Some devices like the Palm Treo can handle larger cards, but not every device can handle it. In some cases, you can use a larger SD card, and the devices will work with it but will mis-report how much space is available.

920, here.

I've got an PNY 8 gig sdhc Class 4 "working" in it - after a fashion. What I mean is that the 920 can use all of the data in the card - play any of 700 mp3 files (okay, I have not tested them all), a few of the videos I've placed on it play and it shows 3 folders worth of photos (slowly, my images probably need to be scaled down for its display) and it finds Itineraries I've placed on it and new POI files.

BUT.... I canNOT use either HOME or Windows Explorer to add anymore data to the card. I could add up to almost 4gigs, while in the TomTom then you get an error after 3.85 or so gigs. You have to load up to the 8 gig point using a CARD READER that will read the newer cards.

The other thing - in the TT, it only wants to format to 4 gigs. In a reader it would go to 8 gigs. Fat32 is needed.

Again, **920** so I don't know about 720 or other units. 4 gigs is the official amount and the TT's should see that.

920, here.

I've got an PNY 8 gig sdhc Class 4 "working" in it - after a fashion. What I mean is that the 920 can use all of the data in the card - play any of 700 mp3 files (okay, I have not tested them all), a few of the videos I've placed on it play and it shows 3 folders worth of photos (slowly, my images probably need to be scaled down for its display) and it finds Itineraries I've placed on it and new POI files.

BUT.... I canNOT use either HOME or Windows Explorer to add anymore data to the card. I could add up to almost 4gigs, while in the TomTom then you get an error after 3.85 or so gigs. You have to load up to the 8 gig point using a CARD READER that will read the newer cards.

The other thing - in the TT, it only wants to format to 4 gigs. In a reader it would go to 8 gigs. Fat32 is needed.

Again, **920** so I don't know about 720 or other units. 4 gigs is the official amount and the TT's should see that.

F22......What format are your video files in? Where do they show up...in your MP3 folder?

Ask a Question