Mark Location of Map Error not marking location

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomTom Model(s)
GO 930T
Everytime I select Mark Location of Map Error in the custom menu, the location is not saved.

After marking, I select map corrections in the main menu, and the location displayed is usually blank.

How do I solve this problem?

See my reply in your prior thread..........think issue has to do with wrong application installed.

version 8.351
Map North America v850.2782

The marking location issue is still present. I cannot mark the locations of places where I want to apply map corrections.

The interesting thing is that now in 8.351, I've lost the ability to be able to speak the city name that I had in 8.395

That was a useful feature.

Oops, just noticed a typo, I'm on map 850.2781 not 2782.

Fixed the speech recognition error, by adding a support_asr.dat file that wasn't included in the link.

I still have the location marking error, however.

Last edited:
When you try to mark the location, what happens or does not happen?

I go into my quick menu, and select mark location of map error when I want to mark a location.

I then go into the main menu, and select map corrections. It tells me that I've marked 1 location and if i would like to review and change it now. I select Yes.

Instead of showing me the location that I marked, which it used to do a long time ago, it shows me a screen where the left upper 1/4 of the screen is blue, like the color they use for water on the map, and the 3/4 rest of the screen is green, like the color they use for grass. When I select handle now, and select any option, such as unblock street, it uses my current location, instead of the location I marked.

The above paragraph is my issue. I used to be able to mark locations and have it show up properly, but I'm not sure what happened.

The issue has come up whether I used 8.351 or 8.395, an 840 map or an 850 map.

This may not help but it won't hurt.......

Download and run (3 times) the clear flash tool found here

I've ran the flash tool 3 times. Will update you all later when I take the Tomtom out for a spin.

EDIT: Clear flash tool doesn't seem to improve anything. I still am unable to mark the location of where I want to input map corrections.

Last edited:
If the ideas run out, my next course of action is a clean wipe and format. Hopefully it won't come to that, but I'm hoping that that will be a viable solution.

Reformat didn't help.

It seems regardless of application or map, the mark location of map error feature has corrupted itself somehow.

I reformatted the 930, and reloaded an application and a map. My bluetooth phone settings were still present, so that tells me that some memory does not get wiped from a disk format.

How to I clean and / or wipe that memory? I'm thinking that portion of memory became corrupted and is not allowing me to save locations of map errors.

A workaround that might be a solution, but a drastic one.

I ended up replacing the application with an SE Navcore, that had the ability to delete the flash settings on my GO. I first reformatted, installed the SE Navcore, deleted my flash and reformatted again.

I am now able to mark map error locations properly.

Methinks it was all a flash issue.

While it worked for you, installing a hacked application may have significant ramifications down the road and any discussion of hacked software, maps, etc. is not appropriate in this forum. Am locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question