March 3rd 2011 - Tomtom announces map 865 for app 10.x devices

Matt, I had this problem on my 2505 when I first did the update. Does your My Tom Tom show that you are connected to your device? Mine wouldn't connect so I ended up holding the off button down for 15 seconds while it was still plugged in. After it came back on I let is sit there for about 2 mins then it connected and My Tom Tom showed that it needed the map again.

Installed map version 865 on my GO 2405 last night without a hitch :). Haven't used my TomTom today but I'm hoping much of the TTS has been improved as reported by another user on here. Not that it was terrible before but it could use a bit of tweaking.

Just out of curiosity...for the 2505TM is 10.111 the latest app version? I ask as the 2535's seem to have 10.155...I wasn't sure if all app versions are the same or each model has a different version number.

app 10.111 is the latest for the 2505. Usually tomtom releases new devices with its own unique software, then future software updates move new and old models to the same version.

Any info on when new map release will be available for the 1535tm? Also, is there some type of update coming that will allow itinerary planning?

I get this lane assist when coming to a 4 way stop and I have either a right or left turn. The photo is just before I have a right turn on my route, it does the same thin when turning left only the highlighted arrow is turning left. Just seems like an odd configuration.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/.../th_TOMTOM.jpg

No news yet if and when Itinerary planning will be implemented on 1X, 2X and Via models.

What map version do you have on the unit now?

(your link says the image has been removed).

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/cccsdad1/th_TOMTOM.jpg

Hope this one works.

I think the version I have is 8.60, I dont' have the latest, its not yet available for the 1535

This came up as I was approaching a right turn in a four way intersection. When it's a left turn it looks the exact same only the arrow is pointing left instead of right and it still shows the two up arrows to the right.

Last edited:
Link works fine.

A bug in the mapping software caused a misinterpretation of ALG with results such as you show on your map.

Some improvements were made in 865 maps and my understanding is that there will be more corrections in the 870 maps due next month.

Will be nice if TT can figure out how to get the current map to users of your model.............:cool:

Link works fine.

A bug in the mapping software caused a misinterpretation of ALG with results such as you show on your map.

Some improvements were made in 865 maps and my understanding is that there will be more corrections in the 870 maps due next month.

Will be nice if TT can figure out how to get the current map to users of your model.............:cool:

Yes that would be nice since I paid extra for life time maps which I dont have access to. I really like the interface on this unit, but for the love of pete why can't tomtom make a gps that you can actually see in bright sunlight. I've had an XL340, and XXL 540, a GO 740 live and this unit, and when the screen all but dissapears on bright days.
I had a Nuvi 1450 and you could see the screen no matter how bright the sun was.

How com TomTom can't figure that out, I'm sure they have had to have received multiple complaints about this.

map updates

how recent are these updates??? my son lives in a 2 year old subdivision and I can get directions from mapQuest, and google but my brand new updated VIA 1505 can't get me there. Also ran into a fun run this morning on the VIA's maiden voyage and approaching my daughters house from a different direction that is a dead end built in the early 1900's and it tried to take me to her road from the dead ended end which is just bushes and trees. this extension was however on the future plans of the town and shot down some 50 years ago. So I have one road that should be on it and another that doesn't exist. This is not a complaint just thought it was rather comical :lol:

It would be fascinating to know if the town still shows that road on its 'official' map. Again, that's how a lot of the original TeleAtlas map base was created.

Just a quick update - it appears that all the VIA models are getting it starting today.

Thanks. I was able to download the latest map to my 2535TM
last night.

But I had to do it twice.:mad:

After it finish download the first time, mytomtom indicated that there was an internal device error, please contact tomtom support.

I decided to power off and unplug. tried the second time. This time it worked.:) The download took about 2.5 hr each and took another 1.25 hr to load to the device.

Ask a Question