I just ran without error. Try again??

Mapshare Count upped again:
04/02 16309
04/03 16867

Last edited:
Nope, still not working. I get a message (and I quote...not a typo):

"MapShare Patch distribution is temporally unavailalble"

My number is holding at 16742

yeah, I got the same error message, but I were able to update GPS Fix.

Since these 7.48 updates I have not gotten any Mapshare updates for my 920. I was getting the gpsquickfix updates until today. While TT Home shows the available update when I click to download and install it I get an error message "map.mapsharelocalcache is null". I've repeated this several times with the same result. It seems there are still several significant bugs in this software.
John

04/03 16867
04/04 - none offered.....GPSFix of course updated ;)

I did get the "MapShare Patch distribution is temporally unavailalble" error later on 04/03 so they musy have been having issues. Somehow I sqeeked in to get to 16867.

Last edited:
TomTom Home V 2.2.2.83 tells me tells me my map is 29 weeks out of date and there are 18633 free MapShare map corrections waiting.

When I try to update, Home tells me no updates available.

What is up with that? Thanks!

TomTom Home V 2.2.2.83 tells me tells me my map is 29 weeks out of date and there are 18633 free MapShare map corrections waiting.

When I try to update, Home tells me no updates available.

What is up with that? Thanks!

Known problem many experience from time to time. It's a server problem at TomTom. Just try again later. Mind you, nobody seems to be receiving mapshares lately.

Known problem many experience from time to time. It's a server problem at TomTom. Just try again later. Mind you, nobody seems to be receiving mapshares lately.

I keep getting errors on the mapshare being down, although those have stopped, but no updates in several days, just a bunch of GPS QuickFixes.

I keep getting errors on the mapshare being down, although those have stopped, but no updates in several days, just a bunch of GPS QuickFixes.
Since the release of the 7.48 updates I've not had any mapshare updates appear on TT Home. Yesterday I went into Tools of TT Home and had it delete the corrections from TT that were on the device. I shut everything down then reconnected and restarted the device and this time mapshare updates showed up for download. After the download and installation TT Home showed the exact same number of corrections in use as before the 7.48 updates, so I believe this just put me back where I was and that there must be some problem with the Mapshare service itself.
John

Since the release of the 7.48 updates I've not had any mapshare updates appear on TT Home. Yesterday I went into Tools of TT Home and had it delete the corrections from TT that were on the device. I shut everything down then reconnected and restarted the device and this time mapshare updates showed up for download. After the download and installation TT Home showed the exact same number of corrections in use as before the 7.48 updates, so I believe this just put me back where I was and that there must be some problem with the Mapshare service itself.
John
Just got an email from TT tech support and was told that they have taken Mapshare off line for some type of fix. There was no estimate as to when it would be active again.
John

Just got an email from TT tech support and was told that they have taken Mapshare off line for some type of fix. There was no estimate as to when it would be active again.
John

Thanks for letting us know about this situation. While not overly worried, I was wondering what was happening. It could have been worse with no QuickFixes...

We have some treads like that in the One forum, no update.:mad:

John

My 920T is stuck at 17,271 updates, and though I just ran an update and was told there were more updates to download, that number stays at 17,271.

I bought my shortly after 7.480 came out so I can't comment about anything before that.

I've also noticed that after subscribing to a long list of POI categories, I got the message, "no new updates." ??? ...and later, after downloading the more updates a few days later, the number was still 17,271.

I'm just curious whether others have noticed this -- that despite the tool claiming it downloaded updates, the number of updates installed remains static.

My 920T is stuck at 17,271 updates, and though I just ran an update and was told there were more updates to download, that number stays at 17,271.

I bought my shortly after 7.480 came out so I can't comment about anything before that.

I've also noticed that after subscribing to a long list of POI categories, I got the message, "no new updates." ??? ...and later, after downloading the more updates a few days later, the number was still 17,271.

I'm just curious whether others have noticed this -- that despite the tool claiming it downloaded updates, the number of updates installed remains static.

I believe we're all seeing a different type of error message but as I was told by TT tech support if they have indeed taken Mapshare offline you won't actually see any change in the number of corrections in use. Mine has stayed at 5048 since just before the original 7.48 was released.
John

Same problem here. I have like 18000 updates to be received. Says they have been received and the Tomtom is up to date, but map share says I still need the updates. My issue is, my home address is one of the updates and until then, my home street is not selectable. Very irritating!!

All had been working well until I was prompted to update my entire map. In doing so, I lost all the map share updates, including my street.

Anything new yet, anyone???

Looks like MapShare is back online, new update came down this morning. Update count is now at 5857. I fee better not that I have my MapSharing fix.

Ask a Question