Mapshare Updates

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
I know there were some people, myself included, that had not been getting Mapshare updates for almost a week. I just ran an update, and I did get Mapshare updates it says the current number is 16283

Mine said 16283 a week ago...no updates for a week. As of yesterday, it looks like I'm getting new updates, but I'm really not. When I connect, it goes through the motions of doing an update, but the number stays at 16283...and if I try to update again immediately...it goes through the motions again with no change in the count.

...and...I cleared out my download folder yesterday to see if that would make any difference. Despite Home saying that it is successfully downloading and applying the changes over and over....nothing new has shown up in my downloads folder.

Last edited:
Mine said 16283 a week ago...no updates for a week. As of yesterday, it looks like I'm getting new updates, but I'm really not. When I connect, it goes through the motions of doing an update, but the number stays at 16283...and if I try to update again immediately...it goes through the motions again with no change in the count.

...and...I cleared out my download folder yesterday to see if that would make any difference. Despite Home saying that it is successfully downloading and applying the changes over and over....nothing new has shown up in my downloads folder.
Hmmmm, I suspected that I would hear this...:confused:

Anyone called support about it? I did, I like their music and ear the woman saying TomTom full enegetic. Nothing is wrong with the server, she said sometime you will receive tons of updates and sometime just none. I have my TT since marsh 2nd and there was almost everyday updates, but since Good friday no one. Jesus is resurrected, but not mapshare.

Last edited:
My last two updates on the days noted:
03/20 16284
03/27 16283

...seems something is going on...

My last two updates on the days noted:
03/20 16284
03/27 16283

...seems something is going on...

I was thinking that my counter went backwards, too...Now that somebody else has reported the same, I'm sure my numbers did the same thing.

What can we find out is we are all have TomTom One or XLS. Apparently every model have his own mapshare, how can it be usefull, if people do corrections on a 920, we will not get it.

I don't care I don't care!!!! About any GPS Fix it is the 6th I receive this week without any mapshare update.:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :mad:

More symptoms....I selected to remove all mapshare updates made by others. My counter said that there were 18348 updates waiting. I did an update...and without downloading anything new, it went right back to telling me that I had 16283 active updates....

It looked like I got updates today, but I'm still stuck on 16283 also :(

I have the same happening today. Seems it keeps trying to "apply updates" but no change in the count appears. Also, running the updates again repeats that cycle.

I rebooted the TomTom and restarted HOME. It still told me that there were MapShare updates, downloaded and applied them (again) but my count is again 16283.

NOTE: GPSFix only downloads once as expected.

I am temped to reload from my old OS and have it update it to current but may not try that until the weekend.

More symptoms....I selected to remove all mapshare updates made by others. My counter said that there were 18348 updates waiting. I did an update...and without downloading anything new, it went right back to telling me that I had 16283 active updates....

I decided to try this one as well. Same except I removed and restalled the MapShare Counter for the fun of it :rolleyes:. It stated my map was 28 weeks out of date and that 18415 map corrections waiting. Upon adding them I again ended up with 16283.

It's strange that I haven't had any noticable updates since 3/20 when we were getting 100+ every few days.

Got only another GPS fix, those fix are supposed to tell you where the satelite will be in the next week, and I receive about one everyday.:eek:

It seemed to finally work! I moved to 16309...and now it doesn't try to do another update immediately afterwards, but strangely...still nothing new evident in my download folder. Hmmmm....perhaps it didn't really work.

It seemed to finally work! I moved to 16309...and now it doesn't try to do another update immediately afterwards, but strangely...still nothing new evident in my download folder. Hmmmm....perhaps it didn't really work.

Mine also bumped to 16309 today. The units .dat files where updated when I performed that install so something certainly happend....no idea what though :)

Mine also bumped to 16309 today. The units .dat files where updated when I performed that install so something certainly happend....no idea what though :)

I haven't received any Mapshare updates since the 7.48 updates first came out. I have a 920 with 7.481 and NA 7.15 map.
John

Mapshare patch temporarily unavailable

I just attempted an update and recieved the above error message. I reported it, and then there was no GPS Fix update either. Has anyone else experienced this?:confused:

Ask a Question