MapShare Updates seen on other TTs

TomTom Model(s)
One XL S
I have certainly made many MapShare updates in the last 6 months I have had my TT. I have moved, updated and added many POIs. I have corrected many street names....When I have found bogus roads, I have "blocked" them in both directions. Of course, I have been curious if any of these have ever rolled out to the general population...

This weekend, my in-laws were in town. They had a TT which had never been updated since coming out of the box in December. I updated the device through TTH and pulled in the latest MapShare updates. I spot checked a few of the changes I had made along the way. While I didn't see any of my POI or street name submissions, I did see that the blocking of several bogus street segments rolled out to their device. That was good to see since these can definitely throw off your navigation.

I actually reported another one in this category this weekend, my TT wanted me to continue straight ahead on the road and make a left in about 1000 ft....trouble was there was no road...just a parking lot with train tracks behind it...It is definitely good to block bogus road segments like that so they don't get used for routing in the future.

Ask a Question