Mapshare road closures

Is there a way to block a portion of a highway? In Knoxville, they shut down the interstate between two exits for a couple of years and I would like to block that portion of it.

Is there a way to block a portion of a highway? In Knoxville, they shut down the interstate between two exits for a couple of years and I would like to block that portion of it.
Sure.

Go to "Browse Map" & select the highway at the spot where the blockage begins (the whole road will highlight).

Then in the "Cursor Menu," select: Correct Location --> (Un)Block Street. This should show you the previously selected segment of the highway. The buttons to either side of the segment will allow you to block it in one or both directions.

Press "Done" when you're through. You'll then be asked if this is a permanent change (sounds like it, but it's your call on how long you think it'll remain) and, if you're a member of MapShare, you'll be prompted to share this correction with others (if you're not a member, you'll be pestered to join).

You will need to repeat this operation for each blocked map segment.

R?

You will need to repeat this operation for each blocked map segment.

R?

If it's a limited access highway all you have to do is block (1) segment at each end of each closed section of the roadway, and then block all the entrance and exit ramps that lead to the closed section. Depending on the number of roadway segments as compared to the number of entrance/exit ramps, this could be much less tedious.

I blocked that section on my TT one & shared it.. Have no idea if & when others will get it.

Ask a Question