mapshare not available

I have two TomToms: GO 740 LIVE and XL350TM.
Both with the latest map (855). The GO 740 LIVE is downloading mapshare corrections just fine. The XL350TM gives the map more than 20 weeks out of date message with no mapshare corrections.

I am somewhat puzzled by this.

ok does anybody know what we should do
it seems like since the new version of home and the newest s map update is when we have not been able to update mapshare . at first i was told to a nor the 20 weeks out of date and now i see some members are getting them and some are not
should we call tomtom support

I think it would be a good idea to call TomTom support.
My GO 740 Live has US+Canada and my XL350TM has US+Canada+Mexico. That is the only difference map wise from what I can tell.

hi everyone i just got off the phone with support and he said they are aware of this problem and they are not sure if it is the new map update or tomtom home new version softwware and all he could say is keep trying to update and they are trying to fix this as fast as possible i did tell him that our forum members are having this problem and he said that everyone is having this problem i did also tell him about fstshrk and his two tomtoms and he did not know what to say
i guess we ll just have to wait on this one

I am somewhat disappointed in their troubleshooting technique on this matter.

Seems like their QA processes are also on the lax side.

hi everyone i just got off the phone with support and he said they are aware of this problem and they are not sure if it is the new map update or tomtom home new version softwware and all he could say is keep trying to update and they are trying to fix this as fast as possible i did tell him that our forum members are having this problem and he said that everyone is having this problem i did also tell him about fstshrk and his two tomtoms and he did not know what to say
i guess we ll just have to wait on this one

Last edited:
I'm getting the same run-around with TomTom Support. I have an open ticket with them. They just say to keep trying...

Oddly enough, a NEW map was pushed today... of course, We can't buy or install it since there is no way to update via Home....

Nice.

I'm getting the same run-around with TomTom Support. I have an open ticket with them. They just say to keep trying...

Oddly enough, a NEW map was pushed today... of course, We can't buy or install it since there is no way to update via Home....

Nice.

My XL350TM has lifetime maps, I may plug it in and see if I can get the update installed.

I wonder why this is taking so long. In the meantime, my GO 740 LIVE is happily downloading mapshare corrections.

I just checked with my XL350TM. No new map and mapshare still broken.
On the other hand, it happily offered me to buy the Darth Vader and Homer Simpson voices.

I just checked with my XL350TM. No new map and mapshare still broken.
On the other hand, it happily offered me to buy the Darth Vader and Homer Simpson voices.

Same here... I replied to the latest answer to my trouble report... essentially rebuking their obviously "corporate generated" responses.

I gotta laugh at this!!!

The latest reponse to my trouble ticket was that I have the latest software and updates....

BUT, I should continue to update to keep my unit current...

WTF!!!!

I replied, how can I keep my unit updated if the update service is "unavalable"?!?!?!?

Useless.... totally freaking useless!!!

Have you guys tried 'loosening up' mapshare restrictions in Home and seeing if any are offered when you select 'update' then?

Yes.

The problem is that it reports my 855.X US+Canada+Mexico map is more than 20 weeks out of date and no mapshare updates are available on my 350TM. On the Go 740 with the US+Canada 855.X map, mapshare works great.

TomTom servers are messed up and I think it has to do with the US+Canada+Mexico maps on the 855.X version.

My XL350TM has lifetime maps, I may plug it in and see if I can get the update installed.

I wonder why this is taking so long. In the meantime, my GO 740 LIVE is happily downloading mapshare corrections.

Have you guys tried 'loosening up' mapshare restrictions in Home and seeing if any are offered when you select 'update' then?

hi dhn
i did try loosening up' mapshare restrictions in Home also right down to the lowest setting and still the same thing , i also told support that it has to be the map update or home new version that's when this all started as far as me i never had a problem until this happen thank for trying to help us hopefully this is fix soon

I am having the same issue, and I think the reason is that the HOME software does not detect the new maps.
If I go in the menu to Tools -> Tomtom Map Share -> Map Share Preferences and then to the "Select Countries" tab there is nothing there.
I don't know what the fix could be, but obviously there is an incompatibility, or rather a bug in the HOME software I suspect. The software does recognize the maps, as they show in "items installed" list, it is the mapshare that does not work for some reason. Funny is that I get the Quick GPS fix updates and the safety camera updates.
Tomtom email support says they are experiencing unusual number of requests and they didn't reply yet. They would better work on a fix.

tontogps everything you said i agreed 100%
i am having the same results everything you said too i am getting all the updates but no mapshare updates and i did talk to support and i told them i think its the software

I am having the same issue, and I think the reason is that the HOME software does not detect the new maps.
If I go in the menu to Tools -> Tomtom Map Share -> Map Share Preferences and then to the "Select Countries" tab there is nothing there.
I don't know what the fix could be, but obviously there is an incompatibility, or rather a bug in the HOME software I suspect. The software does recognize the maps, as they show in "items installed" list, it is the mapshare that does not work for some reason. Funny is that I get the Quick GPS fix updates and the safety camera updates.
Tomtom email support says they are experiencing unusual number of requests and they didn't reply yet. They would better work on a fix.

It is a combination of the US/Canada/Mexico map and the HOME software if you ask me.
I hope they issue an update soon.

Ask a Question