Mapshare howto for a specific situation.

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 'New Edition'
Guessing on the proper forum. Sorry if it's the wrong one.

I need to cross a specific bridge whenever I go just about anywhere. It crosses a river and a main road that parallels the river. The exit ramp of the bridge loops to the right and over the road and connects to the road it crosses. The maps my TT has thinks I can make a left turn directly onto the road it crosses. The maps still show the loop, though, properly, it just doesn't use it.

How can I modify this so that Mapshare will know that I cannot turn left directly but must take the loop to connect to the underlying road?

Thanks

I need to cross a specific bridge whenever I go just about anywhere. It crosses a river and a main road that parallels the river. The exit ramp of the bridge loops to the right and over the road and connects to the road it crosses. The maps my TT has thinks I can make a left turn directly onto the road it crosses. The maps still show the loop, though, properly, it just doesn't use it.

How can I modify this so that Mapshare will know that I cannot turn left directly but must take the loop to connect to the underlying road?

Thanks
My guess is that you'd have to use the "report other error", and type in text. Report it to TeleAtlas too. http://www.teleatlas.com/index.htm

Thanks

Simply block the direction that you do not want to go and save as a non-permanent change on your unit. This will make the change only on your device and will not share this change since it is simply an edit ing process and not a correction.

Hope this helps. Visit www.tomtom.com/7490

I'm not sure how to block the direction - new to map changes. I am guessing I should block the left turn from the bridge, but this will still allow me to follow the loop and continue. This would just be stopping the turn?

Is there anyway to indicate overpasses, as this might be the way also. The map seems to think the bridge overpass and the road underneath are on the same horizontal plane.

Thanks for the help.

I think your options are limited really. Not all MapShare updates you make are made to your local maps immediately. According to this article on the TomTom support site, any map changes you report under Report other error will not take immdiate effect on yor own map.

If TomTom thinks there is an intersection there, and a left turn directly onto the road that parallels the river is possibly, I don't think there is much (if anything) you can do. In this case I think your best bet is to report the error (in the hopes that it gets corrected in future map updates), but ignore TomTom's routing in the meantime.

However, if it thinks there is an overpass, and that you should turn left onto a ramp that leads to the road paralleling the river, then all you need to do is block the ramp. Of course, this would then prevent TomTom from using the ramp if/when you're approaching the river from the other side (on your way home, for instance).

Michael,

I tend to believe you're correct about the options I have. I searched again before your post and saw nothing that would allow me to block the turn without blocking the road itself.

I was hoping I was just overlooking a method.

Thanks all for the time and help.

Ask a Question