MapShare for Older GO Models is Available!

Internetpilot

TomTom Model(s)
GO700 (Updated)
After connecting my GO700 to my computer this evening for a long due backup, I discovered that TomTom has released TomTom v7.61, which means my GO700 now has MapShare. This is, of course, available for other models as well. All you have to do is download it through TomTom Home. Here's the info on what's new:

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6141&Lid=1

Edit: Not too surprisingly, to use the MapShare feature, you have to buy the lastest maps, which will set you back a little over US$70 (49.95 Euro), and takes forever to download, even at high speed.

Last edited:
yes and make sure you have enough free space on your drive or you'll have to do the long download twice - not that it happend to me, but a friend of mine :eek: :D

You can always download it, but not install it. That's what I did. Then I deleted everything in the "North_America" folder, and told Home to install it.

Now my wonderful GO700's 2.5 GB hard drive has only 350mb left on it! Not too long ago, I used to be able to fit 2 or 3 movies on there, along with the North American maps. Oh, well. It is a GPS after all -- not a media player. A backup takes forever and a day now, too!

Now I have to figure out what the custom menu entry for MapShare is, or I'll have to forego my custom menus.

Barnacles!

Last edited:

Ask a Question