Maps

Received this response from Tech Support concerning the maps upgrade. I had installed the current version of the maps but the web site was telling me I did not have the most recent version. Just thought all would like to see the response.
Jim

"Dear James,

Thank you for contacting us regarding how to know if you have the most updated USA maps. We are happy to help!

In this case, let me inform you that we have a glitch with our web page that is telling all the customers they don't have the latest map version even if the customer has it. Our latest version is 6.65, please check if that is the one you have. For a visual representation on how to check your map version please visit the following link:

(link removed)

Please remember that we're offering our latest map upgrade at a special price until April 15th, once the promotion has finished the USA and Canada maps will go back to it's normal price. For further details on the promotion, please check the link below:

(link removed)

If you have any further questions or comments, please e-mail or call us at 1-866-486-6866 Monday through Saturday, 8:30am to 7pm EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way, the easy way.

Best Regards,

TomTom Support Team"

In this case, let me inform you that we have a glitch with our web page that is telling all the customers they don't have the latest map version even if the customer has it.

I actually recall it doing the opposite, it would tell me that I would have the latest maps when in fact I didn't. I found out in this forum that I wasn't up to date.

In any case, I hope this glitch will be fixed as to not confuse people.

Thanks for posting the email response.

Thanks for posting this, I can already hear people yelling that they don't have the latest maps (even though they got their upgrade DVD less than a month ago!) :D

Ask a Question