Maps update subscription transferable

TomTom Model(s)
Go-920 App 9.465 Map N A 895.4438 C&W Europe 8.30 Magellan Explorist 710
Does anyone know if the map updates subscription is transferable from one Go unit to another?

(Example if you had a 920 and it died can you transfer the remaining 1 year subscription to another new or refurbished Go unit )

I can?t seem to find any info or conditions on the TT home site regarding map update subscription.

Gary, call support at 866-486-6866. Have the invoice number of your original map subscription purchase with you when you call. They SHOULD transfer the remaining maps to a new unit you have purchased to replace a broken one.

I'd also make sure that you: register the new unit with a different email address and then have them transfer remaining maps to the new account.

Maybe

My Go 510 died and I bought an XL 335-S. Even though I registered the unit to the same account, they said I could not do it. Now, it is a different map (I was using the U.S. 2 GB map on the 510). So maybe my only option was to have that one upgraded and not my current map.

Map subscriptions are not supposed to be transferrable. I've only seen posts about successful transfers if your old Tomtom was broken under warranty.

You can try to plead your case to Tomtom support, you never know if you get a compassionate rep.

Ask a Question