Maps - Tsf from another TT?

Is it possible to transfer a map from one TT to another?

i have a TT One 2nd edition...my buddy has a new LE with a much newer version of the map. Is it possible to backup his TT and then restore it to mine?

anyone tried this?

Is it possible to transfer a map from one TT to another?

i have a TT One 2nd edition...my buddy has a new LE with a much newer version of the map. Is it possible to backup his TT and then restore it to mine?

anyone tried this?

Backup first and then try it. Back up using a file copy program such as Windows Explorer instead of Home. There is not much difference between the TT one 2nd edition and the TT LE.

Backup first and then try it. Back up using a file copy program such as Windows Explorer instead of Home. There is not much difference between the TT one 2nd edition and the TT LE.

The issue is not the difference or similarity between maps; the issue is that a specific map gets 'locked' to a specific device when it's installed.

Makes sense since, understandably, TomTom doesn't want to see its copyrighted map software floating around warez (pirate) web sites.

It's like printer companies making their money on the toner, not the printer.

Similar analogy here.

The issue is not the difference or similarity between maps; the issue is that a specific map gets 'locked' to a specific device when it's installed.

Makes sense since, understandably, TomTom doesn't want to see its copyrighted map software floating around warez (pirate) web sites.

It's like printer companies making their money on the toner, not the printer.

Similar analogy here.

So it won't work then?

Ask a Question