Maps show no detail for Spain and also ...

TomTom Model(s)
Go
Go Classic software is saying model 300/400
Device is AK355
Maps Iberia V398 (old eh)

I have been given this, so have updated software to latest version and switched to Spain on maps section.

Problem 1 is that there is a complete lack of detail on smaller towns.

If I download new maps will they contain door to door information or is this because the unit is probably French and now its in Spain it cant show detailed maps. Spain is a bit like this.

Problem 2 Is it doesnt charge from the USB either via an original car charger or via a mains charger. But if you connect power via the circular power socket it charges perfectly

Thanks in advance, any one got a clue

Are you SURE it's charging from the cig lighter? A green light signifies power but not necessarily actually charging of the battery.

Anyway, the route finder link below uses a map at least one version out of date:

http://www.routes.tomtom.com/#/map/?center=43.8667,-78.9333&zoom=9&map=basic

If you can find specific addresses in Spain on it, likely to also have them on the current 920 map.

Go Classic software is saying model 300/400
Device is AK355
Maps Iberia V398 (old eh)
Problem 2 Is it doesnt charge from the USB either via an original car charger or via a mains charger. But if you connect power via the circular power socket it charges perfectly
Is the USB cable the original cable? Not all USB cables are identical, and it may be that you are using a cable that lacks something that is required for proper charging.

Also, even if it is the original cable, that does not guarantee that the cable has not been damaged and will not function correctly. The simple way to test the cable is to use it with some other device and see if it works correctly with that separate device.

- Tom -

DHN I get no green light using the USB socket with an original cig socket charger
I do get a green light connecting into the round power socket
Surely the light should come on if charging from the USB

DHN I get no green light using the USB socket with an original cig socket charger
I do get a green light connecting into the round power socket
Surely the light should come on if charging from the USB
If there is a problem with the USB cable, you can have a situation where charging does not happen. Have you used that same USB cable to charge any other device?

- Tom -

Hold on guys.... A GO Classic NEVER charged via the USB connector, it only used that for data. Charging had to be done via the round DC connector. Charging via USB was not common at all in those days.

IIRC, neither did the GOx00 models (300/500/700) or the GOx10 models (510/710/910) but USB charging was there on the GOx20 models onwards.

--------------------

As for the maps, check TomTom's own map correction website and look at the detail in the small Spanish towns you are interested in. That website uses the last-but-one version of the maps so should give a reasonable idea of the coverage. I think you will find it TOTALLY different from a v3xx map!

EDIT: Ah, I now see you've also asked the same question in the maps section and received similar suggestions. Please continue that part of the discussion over there:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/threads/go-classic-maps-lack-any-detail-for-spain.30073/

Last edited:

Ask a Question