Maps on Tele Atlas Website

sab

TomTom Model(s)
540M XXL
Would it be accurate to say that the maps on the Tele Atlas website is the latest maps they offer to the GPS manufacturers?

Learning from this forum that there is an updated map available for my now 5 month old unit, am I to assume that if the errors on my present TomTom map are still present on the Tele Atlas website, that would mean the latest map available from TomTom would still contain those errors???

Hope my question isn't to confusing :eek: .

Don't want to pay for an update that will contain the same errors.

Last edited:
6.65 maps were on my unit when purchased. i updated to the latest map and i see no improvement in the map in the areas i travel in. map share was the only gain that i can see. there probably are some newer streets and roads, but again, not in the areas i travel in. one small city i travel in has some pretty major omissions in roads from the map. and they are not new roads. been there for several years. i hope tomtom is going to get these maps actually updated at some point in time since they bought teleatlas.

I've been looking but can't seem to find the maps your talking about. Can someone post the URL?

Thanks

Edit: I may have misunderstood, I thought that Teleatlas (and maybe TomTom) had a map preview feature like Garmin has on their web site.

Last edited:
Would it be accurate to say that the maps on the Tele Atlas website is the latest maps they offer to the GPS manufacturers?

If the provider of maps for your GPS is TeleAtlas, then yes, what you see at TeleAtlas is going to be the latest version.

Duh, I stopped early thinking it was just the location to post feed back. I should have gone further since that's where the map was.

If the provider of maps for your GPS is TeleAtlas, then yes, what you see at TeleAtlas is going to be the latest version.

Then if that is the case the TeleAtlas website can be used as a reference to at least decide if paying $$$ for the latest map is worth it.

There is a small bridge around my area that was built about 4 years ago. It is not on my tomtom and still isn't on the TeleAtlas site so I see no point in paying for the latest map.

It is on my friends Garmin :rolleyes:.

Then if that is the case the TeleAtlas website can be used as a reference to at least decide if paying $$$ for the latest map is worth it.

There is a small bridge around my area that was built about 4 years ago. It is not on my tomtom and still isn't on the TeleAtlas site so I see no point in paying for the latest map.

It is on my friends Garmin :rolleyes:.

Just because what you see at TeleAtlas is supposed to be the latest map from TeleAtlas, doesn't necessarily mean that...

a. TeleAtlas is up to date with the real world.
b. That TomTom is even using the latest data from TeleAtlas.

Which means that I wouldn't assume anything about the latest map offered by TomTom based on what I see at TeleAtlas.

Ask a Question